Windows 10: Severe sound artifacts with built in speakers and headphones yet works perfectly with HDMI

Discus and support Severe sound artifacts with built in speakers and headphones yet works perfectly with HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. Windows 10. it had performance and audio problems. I sent it in to be fixed and it came back with a new harddrive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keng233, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Keng233 Win User

Severe sound artifacts with built in speakers and headphones yet works perfectly with HDMI

I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. Windows 10.
    it had performance and audio problems.
    I sent it in to be fixed and it came back with a new harddrive, I then reformatted and updated my video drivers and it seemed fine then this problem came back.

When audio is played through its hardware speakers or through its audio jack out of headphones or speakers there are severe audio pops. When Audio is played through the TV through HDMI it sounds perfect.

I have ran the sound troubleshooter. It says everything is fine.

I have downloaded the audio driver from the developers website and reinstalled it for a temporary fix. It has logged the update and does not say it has done anything to the driver but I closed the laptop and when I opened it the problem came back.

I feel like this happened because I ran my laptop through the HDMI and it left some driver files somewhere and now it cant run properly.
    I have another laptop that I plug and unplug from the HDMI frequently and this is not present so I don't know.

plz n ty for help.

I am losing my mind. I cant figure out what to change to fix this.

:)

Keng233, Jul 30, 2018

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 30, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Severe sound artifacts with built in speakers and headphones yet works perfectly with HDMI

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Severe sound artifacts with built in speakers and headphones yet works perfectly with HDMI - Similar Threads - Severe sound artifacts

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  6. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  7. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  8. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  9. Headphones stopped working without reason, but speakers work perfectly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones stopped working without reason, but speakers work perfectly: Hi there guys, first post here so please do mind I'm a newbie*Redface So I've got an ASUS ROG G551JK laptop for almost 2 years already. Never had this problem before. While I was playing CS:GO I tried to tweak the sound quality a little bit from the Realtek HD Audio...
  10. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...