Windows 10: Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else

Discus and support Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few build releases ago, I started having a severe Sticky Note typing lag. This does not occur anywhere else in Windows Explorer or Apps, such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Almaretto, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Almaretto Win User

Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else

A few build releases ago, I started having a severe Sticky Note typing lag.

This does not occur anywhere else in Windows Explorer or Apps, such as typing this thread in a browser or using Microsoft Suite.

As an example, I typed "How long should it take to type this message?" in a Word Document, Browser, and Sticky Notes. In the first two, it took less than 5 seconds and characters appears instantly. In Sticky notes, only "How L" was visible in the same initial time period and it took over 65 seconds before the last character finally appeared.

Microsoft seemed to fix one issue, and created two more. I no longer have to double tap the alt key each time Sticky Note window was active in order to enable scrolling. But, I have this strange delay and lost formatting ability to create lists. See keyboard shortcuts.

System Specs: Should not matter as it seems to be unique to one app, but...
    256GB SSD (180 GB Free). 12 GB DDRL ram. i5-4300M.
    Win10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10), Insider Preview.

:)

Almaretto, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Supawoman Win User

Sticky Notes GONE after forced Win 10 update

Which Sticky Notes app did you download, there are several. I downloaded Sticky Notes 8 and still cant reinstate my notes. Very upset!!

Supawoman, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Almaretto Win User
    Windows 10: Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly.

I mainly get mouse lag but not consistently. I cannot figure out why I sometimes have.

My main keyboard lag is in Sticky Notes and then sporadic otherwise.

Almaretto, Aug 2, 2016
  4. DaDiRa Win User

I just made an account to report the same problem. Old sticky notes worked fine but after the update there is this huge delay when typing.

DaDiRa, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Try to create a new user account.. and see if problem persists.

manish9009, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Hi, i get this too, it seems to happen only when there's like a a few hundred words in the sticky notes, if i take the text away it's fast again. This only happened when i downloaded the windows 10 anniversary update. Also after the update my hyperlinks are no longer hyperlinks, they're just plain text.

deepfrybanana, Oct 7, 2016
  7. Check out the sticky notes program from Zhorn Software HERE

I have been using this program for over 10 years. It is highly customizable and has timers that will pop up a sticky at any time you choose.

JC Zorkoff, Oct 9, 2016
  8. Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else

I'd prefer to fix sticky notes instead since i already have it but if there's no way to fix it then i'll switch, but i'd like to try and find a fix first.

deepfrybanana, Oct 9, 2016
  9. Dekan2103 Win User
    Click ... at top of note. Click settings at bottom of note. Turn off enable insights and/or send application usage statistics. It worked fine after I did this. May be more one than the other.

Dekan2103, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Severe Sticky Note Typing Lag - Nowhere Else - Similar Threads - Severe Sticky Note

2. Not able to type in sticky notes in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to type in sticky notes in windows 10: Hello,Sometimes, the stick notes app does not allow to type but copy and paste works.After re-opening the app it works again.Stick notes v6.0.2.0...
  3. Not able to type in sticky notes in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to type in sticky notes in windows 10: Hello,Sometimes, the stick notes app does not allow to type but copy and paste works.After re-opening the app it works again.Stick notes v6.0.2.0...
  4. Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes: Some users have faced this issue that when after opening the Sticky Notes app, the app doesn’t show or load the Sticky Notes list that contains all the notes stored by users. It just stuck there and closing and re-opening the app doesn’t help. If after launching Sticky Notes,...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  7. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  8. Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops): Dear community, sometimes I am using two desktops in Windows 10. I would to like to have two instances of a program (e.g. Sticky Notes) open at the same time (one on each desktop). While this works for some programs, this does not work for e.g. Sticky Notes. Is there...
  9. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  10. 'Sticky Notes'

'Sticky Notes': Anybody still use Windows Desktop 'Sticky Notes'? 4168

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky note app lagging

2. sticky notes lagging typing

3. typing severly lags in one note