Windows 10: severe threat is windows defender?! What?!

Discus and support severe threat is windows defender?! What?! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I dont get it is this false positive? [img] 60008 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cromax, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Cromax Win User

severe threat is windows defender?! What?!

I dont get it is this false positive?

severe threat is windows defender?! What?! [​IMG]

:)

Cromax, Aug 12, 2016
  2. CarolLJ Win User

Severe threat detected

Going by this example of the same infection,
    CCleaner Backdoor Win32 Floxif

MalwareBytes' is all it took to clean it up. Malwarebytes Free

CCleaner was injected with that malware between certain dates, because Piriform's server was hacked. So if you still want to use it, uninstall that version and download the latest.

CarolLJ, Aug 12, 2016
  3. uorn Win User
    Severe threat detected

downloading cCleaner I had been running Windows Defender ,but it never showed any problems

4. Cromax Win User

I actually scanned with malwarebytes and found nothing yesterday

Cromax, Aug 12, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Personally I would select the 'Remove all' option, as it looks positive to me. This isn't the Windows Defender application itself, as that's located in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\.

At a guess, I think the bottom location (FilesStash) is probably the location where Windows Defender is storing the file that it has quarantined.

The top location (LocalCopy) is where Microsoft has made it's own copy of the suspicious file, in order to prepare and send a copy of the file to Microsoft for sample submission and evaluate the file.

When I've had Windows Defender ask to send a sample file submission to Microsoft before, it makes it's own copy of the suspicious file. It then sends the files listed below to watson.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net, which ties in with the location in your screenshot:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\LocalCopy\{Identifier Number}-Filename.exe
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\MPSampleSubmit\client_manifest.xml
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1C6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

You can read about the file that has been quarantined by Windows Defender here:
    Trojan:Win32/Spursint.A!cl

ARC1020, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. severe threat is windows defender?! What?! - Similar Threads - severe threat defender

2. Windows defender: recurring message: threat severe, remediation incomplete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender: recurring message: threat severe, remediation incomplete: FactsSeveral weeks from windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection a message about a severe security breach.Message: Remediation incomplete.Detected: Trojan:Script/Phonzy.A!mlDetails: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.Affected Items: file:...
  3. Windows defender: recurring message: threat severe, remediation incomplete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender: recurring message: threat severe, remediation incomplete: FactsSeveral weeks from windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection a message about a severe security breach.Message: Remediation incomplete.Detected: Trojan:Script/Phonzy.A!mlDetails: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.Affected Items: file:...
  4. Windows defender: recurring message: threat severe, remediation incomplete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  6. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  7. Windows defender threat

Windows defender threat: This excludeproc.d appears all the time and keeps coming back. How do I remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat/dc5f1201-3b62-45bf-b581-7b994a0143a5
  8. Threat Blocked V severe

Threat Blocked V severe: I have a threat blocked on my history and its named Threat Blocked. Does that mean its blocked? Its in filters and what do I do? When i click it it says something about making changes on my device... Please help me!...
  9. severe threat detected

severe threat detected: I'm getting a severe virus threat that continually is trying to load. Defender cleaned most of them except this one: [ATTACH]What should I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-detected/c98323e0-f01b-4a61-ba62-6a6c9aa3cf48"
  10. Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat

Windows Defender Stuck on Removing Severe Threat: I scanned my PC's with this Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free Virus Scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner The scan found a lot of malware and removed all but three items - severe - and i read that Windows Defender would complete the job/remove the malware. the three...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender threats gpo to remove severe and high threats