Windows 10: SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

Discus and support SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, SFC and DISM were failing after I installed Windows 10, so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. SFC and DISM are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ebaum84, Aug 15, 2015.

1. ebaum84 Win User

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

Hello,

SFC and DISM were failing after I installed Windows 10, so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. SFC and DISM are still failing. With DISM, I keep getting source errors. Please help, as these errors are making Windows act quirky.

Thank you!

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation [​IMG]

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation [​IMG]

:)

ebaum84, Aug 15, 2015
  2. GusHaines Win User

Format and fresh install - Corrupt files

Hi,

There are many posts about SFC showing corrupt files after an upgrade. I had this after upgrading from Windows 7.

I tried all the fixes I could find on these forums but to no avail.

I decided that I should de a fresh install. I downloaded the Windows 10 USB upgrader, formatted my HDD and booted from the USB.

Everything appeared to go swimmingly. I decided that I would run the SFC before I created a restore point and started re installing all my software.

SFC found corrupt files.... After the fresh install on a formatted HDD.

I have tried DISM but that just gives the Error: 0x800f081f error

Can anyone please help me so that I can create the bloody restore point and start installing all my stuff?

Regards,

Gus (very frustrated after 4 install attempts)

GusHaines, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Start Button Not Working: Question about the PowerShell fix

I did the automatic repair with a fresh ISO but it didn't help, even in a fresh account. I did a repair install from the ISO image and that didn't help either.

I'm re-running some of the other suggested fixes (dism, dism w/source:wim, sfc, AddAppxPackage, etc.) now that I'm running build 10586.29 and post the results.

Judithdrive, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

1. SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation - Similar Threads - SFC DISM error

2. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates: Sfc /scannow have indicated that there are errors and they are successfully corrected after fresh installation of Windows 10. Yesterday I've done newest Windows updates and this tool indicated errors again. What is the cause? This is my...
  3. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates: Sfc /scannow have indicated that there are errors and they are successfully corrected after fresh installation of Windows 10. Yesterday I've done newest Windows updates and this tool indicated errors again. What is the cause? This is my...
  4. sfc /scannow indicates errors after fresh installation and after Windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  6. fresh windows sfc errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fresh windows sfc errors: ok so I installed win 10 1803 then I performed in place upgrade of 1809 now fresh windows has sfc errors this error always occurs I have noticed every time what should I do...
  7. Java not installing & errors with SFC & DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java not installing & errors with SFC & DISM: Hi, I have 2 problems that might be related – Java not installing & errors with SFC & DISM. I have windows 10/64 Pro. Java 8.0.40 was installed. When I got the out of date message I uninstalled it from control panel however the current version jre-8u73 32 bit or 64 bit...
  8. DISM and SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM and SFC: I posted in the Win 8 forum but saw I should have posted here. I read the corrective material in Win 8 as to how to fix this missing or corrupted files issue but either it is over my level or it is too difficult for me. I have run both programs and rebooted. i have run in...
  9. SFC and DISM Errors

SFC and DISM Errors: So I was running an SFC /scannow And got the some files are corrupt but cannot be fixed etc. So I did the dism restore heath, and it can't find source. So I did the scan health, check health, reset Base, restore health from local esd source and limited access, changed...
  10. Sfc/dism

Sfc/dism: SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained. After again creating an ISO file, the second...