Windows 10: SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

Discus and support SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ebaum84, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ebaum84 Win User

SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

Hello,

I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could not be found. I then ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:H:\Sources\install.wim" to direct DISM to my windows 10 disk, but this also didn't work. I don't know what to do short of reinstalling Windows, so any help would be appreciated. I've attached my CBS and DISM logs in a .zip file below (the CBS log was too big).

Thank you!

:)

ebaum84, Aug 2, 2015
  2. jcmtm Win User

sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

Hi ZigZag3143,

I did as you instructed this morning, created the ISO on a flash drive and ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMSFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

I am still getting the same message of "The source files cannot be found...Configure a Windows Repair Source."

The flash drive is in the "D" drive and the Windows 10 ISO download was completed successfully. What should I do?

Thanks so much,

jcmtm, Aug 2, 2015
  3. sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

If you get the error message "cannot find source files"you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 2, 2015
  4. bobfrost Win User

When this happened to me, I found this answer - run the following

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

That did the trick for me. Don't know why but it did!!

Bob Frost

bobfrost, Aug 2, 2015
  5. ebaum84 Win User
    Sorry Bob, it didn't work. Here's a screenshot to show the output and I'm uploading my new logs

SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files [​IMG]

ebaum84, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files - Similar Threads - SFC DISM error

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. scripts did not fix corrupted files sfc or dism, error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scripts did not fix corrupted files sfc or dism, error 0x800f081f: I need help with fixing corrupted files. There were 2 issues that were causing unacceptable performance of Windows 10 that started this saga. These did not appear right away but gradually became worse over time. 1) Boot up times are exceedingly long (14 minutes to...
  6. Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10

Windows DISM and SFC fail to fix corruptions. DISM error 1726 / WIN 10: Hello, as you already know from the title I have problems with the windows utilities that fix corruptions. After I upgraded to build 1607, those utilities worked, but now after a few weeks I tried to do them again after some driver updates just to be sure and now they find...
  7. Corrupted files - DISM or SFC results more accurate?

Corrupted files - DISM or SFC results more accurate?: I've just built a completely fresh installation of the latest build of Win 10 Pro x64 (10586.3, also referred to as 1511). I've done the necessary apps installs, software configuration and ended up with running SFC scan, which suggested my 'opencl.dll' library (related to...
  8. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  9. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...
  10. Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Corruption Can't Be Fixed with Sfc or DISM, 0x800F081F: I was trying to fix a problem with my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 which caused updates to fail. I went and looked at Microsoft support and tried using sfc and dism. Sfc /scannow found corrupt file but couldn't fix them. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and...