Windows 10: SFC cannot repair all files?

Discus and support SFC cannot repair all files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC to Win 10. I then ran SFC /scannow from both a boot prompt and an elevated command prompt. Three files cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bazsl, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Bazsl Win User

SFC cannot repair all files?

I upgraded a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC to Win 10. I then ran SFC /scannow from both a boot prompt and an elevated command prompt. Three files cannot be repaired.

Opencl.dll
    winhlp32.exe.mui
    Winhlp32.exe

I believe I read that the opencl.dll error is normal. I assume the winhlp32.* files are not critical. Therefore, I assume this installation should run reliably and no further action is needed. Am I right? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl, Apr 14, 2016

2. Cannot repair sfc /scannow

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are
    facing issues with windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

To resolve this problem, use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Then, install the Windows update or service pack again.

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command
      Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.

It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running
    Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

NoteReplace the
    C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference
    Repair a Windows Image.

• Close the command prompt, and then run
      Windows Update again.
    DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:\Windows.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 14, 2016
  3. FlipPlop Win User
    Cannot repair sfc /scannow

I am unable to repair a certain file no matter how many times I run the SFC /SCANNOW or DISM commands in cmd.

I have clean install the machine several times too.

I would like to know if the following files will affect my system if not repaired or I can safely ignore it.

2015-08-22 00:32:21, Info CSI 00004b64 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:16{8}]"Kds.psd1" of Microsoft.KeyDistributionService.Cmdlets, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {xxx} in the store, hash mismatch

FlipPlop, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

the winhlp* files are for the older version of windows help, thus not really a windows 10 file.. so not an issue
    opencl.dll is also a non-issue...

So yes your system should preform just fine..

5. Bazsl Win User
    Thanks for the confirmation Kyhi.

Bazsl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC cannot repair all files? - Similar Threads - SFC cannot repair

2. Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui: I'm on a Win 11 machine, it was clean installed a few weeks ago. I ran the sfc function after games crash, and apparently my msimsg.dll.mui is corrupted, and it cannot be repaired for some reason. Here're the failed messages from my logs:2022-01-14 10:01:27, Info CSI 000000c3...
  3. Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 SFC cannot repair msimsg.dll.mui: I'm on a Win 11 machine, it was clean installed a few weeks ago. I ran the sfc function after games crash, and apparently my msimsg.dll.mui is corrupted, and it cannot be repaired for some reason. Here're the failed messages from my logs:2022-01-14 10:01:27, Info CSI 000000c3...
  4. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  5. SFC cannot repair some files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC cannot repair some files: My pc has been freezing on and off not that much and decided to do a sfc scan and it comes up with repaired some but some it couldn't. Windows 1909 Attached is the CBS file, thanks 150849
  6. SFC could not repair all corrupt files, hashes do not match

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC could not repair all corrupt files, hashes do not match: I have had a problem with windows 10 for about 4 weeks now, it all started when I installed BlueStacks which lets you run android programs on windows. Every search I did to get info on bluestack said it's a great and safe program ! What I know it did, it partitioned my system...
  7. Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan: I recently encountered the Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10, so I was going through the motions to determine what the cause was. I'm pretty sure it was the result of a recent update to an Apple program, but while running an sfc scan, I noticed a file that couldn't be...
  8. SFC failed to repair corrupted file

SFC failed to repair corrupted file: Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and...
  9. SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean

SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean: Hi, iam running sfc /scannow on a fresh windows 10 Pro 1607 installation and get every time the same output: found corrupt files...cannot be repaired... but when i analyze the cbs logfile there is no match when searching for "cannot repair". dism /online /cleanup-image...
  10. sfc/scannow cannot repair

sfc/scannow cannot repair: I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran...