Windows 10: SFC cant fix my problems

Discus and support SFC cant fix my problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, SFC reports that there are corrupt files but cant fix them. I'm having problems with my store, being stuck on "acquiring license" and with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mitchell, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Mitchell Win User

SFC cant fix my problems

Hi,
    SFC reports that there are corrupt files but cant fix them.
    I'm having problems with my store, being stuck on "acquiring license" and with windows update saying it cant check for updates because its trying to install updates already.

I've tried various sfc commands such as Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess.

I've also ran a powershell command which failed.

Someone from the Microsoft community said for me to C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess. I need to download the latest window 10 build because my CD is from an old build.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    If I have to download a new iso through media creation tool, does it matter that I'm running Windows 10 education?

:)

Mitchell, Mar 29, 2016

2. Problem With Automatic Repair

i have a problem with automatic repair it dont fix my computer it showing an error into a log file but i cant remember and i cant screenshot i try to sfc /scannow in cmd but it dont fix please help me

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Problem

giansagales, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Start menu and cortana not working in Windows 10

gone again.

running sfc /scannow first

also... even when doing the fix above the search box remains "unresponsive" - you cant type in it you cant do anything with it

my next computer will be an apple. this is ****

please fix your software, Mar 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

SFC cant fix my problems

What error messages do you get?

5. Mitchell Win User
    SomeThing abou not being able to find the source file.

When I run the command that uses the CD, I hear the CD spin, but get same error of no source

Mitchell, Mar 30, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Open E:\sources in file explorer to check if you have install.wim or install.esd
    If you have install.esd then use the syntax as shown:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Mitchell Win User
    I have tried that with my disc. My disc has the the wim file.
    I hear the cd spin up but get an error saying that the source could not be found.

Someone from the microsoft community said it was because the build of my CD is different to the build on my current windows

Mitchell, Mar 30, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

SFC cant fix my problems

You can try to download the ISO file from Windows 10 Download - Tech Bench
    Then either double click on the ISO or Right Click on ISO->Mount. This will mount the ISO to a virtual DVD. Open This PC and look for the drive letter assigned to the virtual DVD. Use the command again with the drive letter.

topgundcp, Mar 30, 2016
  9. Mitchell Win User

Will this work with Windows 10 education?

The media tool asks for which edition you want to download, but doesn't have education as an option

Mitchell, Mar 31, 2016
  10. Mitchell Win User
    What am I doing wrong?

SFC cant fix my problems [​IMG]

Mitchell, Apr 2, 2016
  11. derekimo Win User
    If you used the tech bench download I don't think there is an esd.

Try this,

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:F:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

From number 6 in this tutorial,

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

derekimo, Apr 2, 2016
  12. Mitchell Win User
    I downloaded the iso from the media creation tool.
    I copied and paste the command that you suggested, and it still doesn't work? *Shock

Is the only option left, is to do a repair install?

Mitchell, Apr 2, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

SFC cant fix my problems

You said prior you had "wim", I assume meaning install.wim in sources folder. Download from MCT should have install.esd (as opposed to install.wim). Confirm install.esd in sources folder and then try going back to the ESD form of command that topgun gave you.

If you have install.wim in sources folder, then you would use the format derekimo gave you.

If you get same source not found error, there are other things to try insofar as where to place install.wim/esd and access from DISM.

Word Man, Apr 2, 2016
  14. Mitchell Win User
    So it turns out I did have the install.esd file, however once again it did not work.

Mitchell, Apr 3, 2016
  15. Fafhrd Win User
    If the ESD is multipart, Index 1 is setup, 2 and 3 are WinPE and Index 4 is the equivalent of Install.wim

Check with dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\install.esd

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC cant fix my problems

1. SFC cant fix my problems - Similar Threads - SFC cant fix

2. firewall problem cant fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    firewall problem cant fix: Hey everyone. My windows 10 firewall is not working and i cant activate it in any way. Anyone had this problem before? Think it all started when i removed premium Kaspersky. I cant even install free kaspersky anymore (get some error at the start of the install). Tried to...
  3. problems in sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems in sfc /scannow: Hey there, I am having problems with my computer giving me BSODs when it boots up. i ran sfc /scannow, and it teturned with this:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2546] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  4. SFC cant repair GDI32FULL.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SFC cant repair GDI32FULL.dll: Hi!When performing sfc /scannow I repeatedly get this error:021-06-11 21:07:19, Info CSI 0000008e [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction2021-06-11 21:07:20, Info CSI 0000008f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:13]'gdi32full.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-Gdi32Full, version...
  5. SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow finds errors but cant fix them: Hello whenever I try to run SFC /SCANNOW in CMD it finds errors but was unable to fix them. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-finds-errors-but-cant-fix-them/83ae97df-c8ec-4e5f-ace3-1ff3479e6b4a
  6. Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!: First thing is, Is trustedinstaller a virus? I have had alot of hours online trying to find out about if this is safe or not because it wouldnt let me delete things that i needed to. I had a virus that i couldnt delete do to trustedinstaller blocking me so then i went online...
  7. Network Problem I Cant Fix!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problem I Cant Fix!!: <div style="text-align:justify;">I've got 2 routers in my house. My PC can only connect to 1 of them, with the other one not supplying internet Although it normally does. But all my other devices can connect and use the internet with both routers. I tried fixing it with...
  8. SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC & DISM for fix Virtualbox problem on W10: I arrive you from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93 redirected by https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92535 I proceed follwing yor...
  9. Problems With SFC Scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems With SFC Scannow: SFC Scannow is throwing up a problem Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Now I've tried to fix them with SFC Fix application but no joy. DISMfile attached. 14501
  10. sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.: I've been using Microsoft's OSs since dos 6ish and win 3.11. I always adapt early and usually figure the bugs out on my own, this time not so much. So i updated from win 8.1 pro x64 to win 10 pro x64 on day 2 of RTM as soon as I got my invite. I had been wanting to do a clean...