Windows 10: SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log

Discus and support SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by csmdew, Sep 2, 2015.

1. csmdew Win User

SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log

Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed except for 2 and was wondering if anyone here knows how to read and make fixes to the CBS.log, thanks

:)

csmdew, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Accidentally Deleted

Hi!

If the system is running okay, but your are still trying to figure out the corrupted files look in the CBS.log. Or maybe other members will read them for you. I never found sfc or DISM very useful. Start a new post sfc found corrupted files, and post the
    CBS.log.

Teddy2016, Sep 2, 2015
  3. DISM command within Windows 10 Pro

Please share CBS.log after running SFC once because sometimes SFC gives a false note that files are corrupt.

You would find CBS.log in C:/Windows/logs/CBS.log

Share it on onedrive/Gdrive where you want publically and drop a link.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 2, 2015
  4. csmdew Win User

never fixed and not solved

csmdew, Sep 27, 2015
  5. donetao Win User
    Hi csmdew! I would run the sfc at least three times before giving up. That's what the big dogs recommend. I have never had any corrupt files. Give it a couple more tries. It won't hurt any thing and you might get lucky!
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-695b60477a93

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  6. csmdew Win User
    3 times or 20 times still same problem; corrupt file from the nvida graphics driver and updating driver did not fix. the other error was fixed by dism restorehealth

csmdew, Sep 27, 2015
  7. csmdew Win User
    Got right link needed to run proper restorehealth cmd, thanks.

csmdew, Sep 28, 2015
  8. donetao Win User

Hi Glad you got your issue solved!

donetao, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log - Similar Threads - SFC Corrupt Files

2. corrupted cbs files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted cbs files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-cbs-files/fc98b420-8618-48cc-8866-c7af1cc867ec
  3. corrupted cbs files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corrupted cbs files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-cbs-files/fc98b420-8618-48cc-8866-c7af1cc867ec
  4. CBS Log not showing any corrupted files after SFC scan found and repaired.

CBS Log not showing any corrupted files after SFC scan found and repaired.: Hi,I run a C: backup about once a week. But before the backup, I run SFC /scannow. Sometimes I get "found corrupted files and they were repaired.So looking as the CBS Log file and can not find any repairs listed. I do a search in the CBS file for "corrupted" and it does not...
  5. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log: Hey, I have been having problems updating my computer for awhile pushing them off thinking nothing of it but just recently I was trying to install apps on MC Store and it would not download as well as my Windows Updates, giving me the error 0x800703f1. I did some research and...
  6. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log: Hey, I have been having problems updating my computer for awhile pushing them off thinking nothing of it but just recently I was trying to install apps on MC Store and it would not download as well as my Windows Updates, giving me the error 0x800703f1. I did some research and...
  7. SFC not repairing file. HRESULT = 0x80070002 In CBS Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Help SFC /Scannow Found Corrupt Files CBS Log Attached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help SFC /Scannow Found Corrupt Files CBS Log Attached: I will list all my system details below that are relevant unless more are requested. I keep getting an error when shutting my system down I use the Power > Shutdown method. I ran sfc /scannow to find the issue and found that there are corrupt files in my system. To counteract...
  9. CBS log from SFC scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CBS log from SFC scan: after running sfc /scannow errors were found & this is where the results were found . I have no idea how to read this. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgbcKmbFBuM-QNwW_0Q?e=scbcIP...
  10. Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files: I've been getting some event errors lately, in particular 2 errors. Date: 10/21/2019 8:54:17 AM Type: ErrorEvent: 1020Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cbs.log from Sfc /scannow records many Duplicate Ownership entries