Windows 10: SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll

Discus and support SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys. I am hoping you can help me as i don't wish to do a full reinstall. Spoke to Microsoft who couldn't help. I have looked through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AntJac, Nov 26, 2015.

1. AntJac Win User

SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll

Hi guys.

I am hoping you can help me as i don't wish to do a full reinstall. Spoke to Microsoft who couldn't help. I have looked through the excellent tutorial posted on here with regards to SFC issues but i'm unsure if i am doing something incorrect as, the ISO i got from Microsoft website, has an install file with a .wmd extension.

I am on the following build:

SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll [​IMG]

When i run SFC i get corrupted files could not be repaired message:

SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll [​IMG]

I have saved the log of the above scan which i have attached. Please forgive me for the possibly dumb question but do i know download the 1511 iso? DISM is saying source files not found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the Tutorial steps don't seem to fix the problem unless its me which most likely is!

Apologies and thank you

Unfortunately unable to attach via thread so here is link for log Download CBSLog.txt from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

:)

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015

2. The System File Checker (sfc.exe) may incorrectly report that opencl.dll is corrupt in Windows 10

Hello,

This issue may occur in Windows 10 Version 1511. When you install Windows, it installs a version of
    opencl.dll. However hardware drivers may also install their own version of opencl.dll, and if the driver version is different than the one installed by Windows, SFC may report this as file corruption and may not replace the file.

When this happens, the opencl.dll file is not actually corrupt. It is not necessary that you take any action – the report that opencl.dll is corrupt can be safely ignored.

Microsoft is aware of this problem with Windows 10 Version 1511 and is working on a resolution.

Anannya Podder, Nov 26, 2015
  3. How to fix corrupted opencl.dll in Windows 10

Hi Martin,

This issue may occur in Windows 10 Version 1511. When you install Windows, it installs a version of
    opencl.dll. However hardware drivers may also install their own version of opencl.dll, and if the driver version is different than the one installed by Windows, SFC may report this as file corruption and may not replace the file.

When this happens, the opencl.dll file is not actually corrupt. It is not necessary that you take any action – the report that opencl.dll is corrupt can be safely ignored.

Microsoft is aware of this problem with Windows 10 Version 1511 and is working on a resolution.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 26, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

5. AntJac Win User
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    AMD Radeon HD 7970
    16GB Ram
    I'm on latest build of W10 also.

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
  7. AntJac Win User
    Do i get the Techbench iso or MCT iso? The MCT iso didn't have a .wim file only .esd

Many thanks for your help

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

You need Techbench version.

EDIT: (and probably the correct language). You need the same one as you installed. Run this from elevated cmd prompt: Code: %systemroot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -noexit [CultureInfo]::InstalledUICulture[/quote]

9. AntJac Win User
    Many thanks. I will download and let you know.

Sorry but is there a way to determine the language? English or English international i am on? I live in UK.

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    English international. But run %systemroot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -noexit [CultureInfo]::InstalledUICulture.

If it says en-US you want English. If it says en-GB you want International English.

11. lx07 Win User
    Don't shoot the messenger *Wink

If it says this: Code: C:\Windows\system32>%systemroot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -noexit [CultureInfo]::InstalledUICulture LCID Name DisplayName ---- ---- ----------- 1033 en-US English (United States) PS C:\Windows\system32>[/quote] Then you want English. If it says en-GB you want English International.

12. AntJac Win User
    Many thanks for your help. I will let you know *Smile

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Sorry to butt in here lx07, but he has chatted with me earlier about his graphic's card problem, and what he was telling me are the same errors with Opencl.dll file, that is happening with the newer Nvidia cards. This problem is a MS problem, and not a Nvidia problem. These two companies have to get together to solve this issue. Weather they will, or how long this might take is anybody's guess. I am surprised that this same problem affected this users AMD card thou.

OldMike65, Nov 26, 2015
  14. AntJac Win User
    Looking at latest log from SFC, it did mention AMD files so maybe AMD/Nvidia supply same files?

AntJac, Nov 26, 2015
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    That I would not know, as I don't know very much about AMD cards, I've only bought and use Nvidia cards. But even in my CBS log files it never mentions Nvidia, it reports on the drivers, in this case Opencl.dll files, which Windows 10 will replace one of them and delete another one. Everytime.

OldMike65, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

1. SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll - Similar Threads - SFC Corrupt Issue

2. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  3. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  4. SFC scan reports corrupted dll and could not repair it / Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan reports corrupted dll and could not repair it / Windows 10 Pro: Hello! I'm trying for the last 4 hours to get the opengl32.dll working, i deleted it, replaced, I ran an SFC scan, then i checked the CBS.log. Then I did a "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" scan, said it repaired the corrupted files, but still I have an error....
  5. SFC scan reports corrupted dll and could not repair it / Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan reports corrupted dll and could not repair it / Windows 10 Pro: Hello! I'm trying for the last 4 hours to get the opengl32.dll working, i deleted it, replaced, I ran an SFC scan, then i checked the CBS.log. Then I did a "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" scan, said it repaired the corrupted files, but still I have an error....
  6. SFC scan reports corrupted dll and could not repair it / Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL: Hi I'm getting a message saying that VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27810.0_x86 is either corrupted or not intended for the computer a PC. There are other versions installed. If re-installing it will fix it, how do I get hold of...
  8. Regarding ic64.dll error

Regarding ic64.dll error: [ATTACH] I don't know , what am I supposed to do for this error. Please let me know how to correct it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-ic64dll-error/f40623ea-b06b-41c3-89e7-20bf5b986e9a
  9. Regarding icd4.dll error

Regarding icd4.dll error: [ATTACH] I don't know , what am I supposed to do for this error. Please let me know how to correct it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-icd4dll-error/f40623ea-b06b-41c3-89e7-20bf5b986e9a
  10. SFC Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170