Windows 10: Sfc/dism

Discus and support Sfc/dism in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by borgus, Dec 26, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Sfc/dism

SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete.
    DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data."

RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained.
    After again creating an ISO file, the second install resulted in retained files and no SFC errors.
    SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete.
    DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data."SFC errors.

:)

borgus, Dec 26, 2015

2. sfc and dism fails

What is the activation error code?

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 26, 2015
  3. sfc and dism fails

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the status of the issue.

Glad to know that it is working now. I appreciate your efforts and time.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Sfc/dism

see the image health link in my sig below

Thema:

Sfc/dism

1. Sfc/dism - Similar Threads - Sfc dism

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  6. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  7. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  8. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  9. Is there a 3rd Party DISM and SFC App That Doesn't Rely on Windows' Built-in DISM and SFC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a 3rd Party DISM and SFC App That Doesn't Rely on Windows' Built-in DISM and SFC?: Hi Microsoft friends, my DISM and SFC in the command prompt won't work, can't boot to a Windows USB installer, can't go to Recovery Mode, can't go to Safe Mode and I can't install in-place Windows 11 22H2, is there a 3rd party DISM app that doesn't rely on Windows' built-in...
  10. Is there a 3rd Party DISM and SFC App That Doesn't Rely on Windows' Built-in DISM and SFC?

Is there a 3rd Party DISM and SFC App That Doesn't Rely on Windows' Built-in DISM and SFC?: Hi Microsoft friends, my DISM and SFC in the command prompt won't work, can't boot to a Windows USB installer, can't go to Recovery Mode, can't go to Safe Mode and I can't install in-place Windows 11 22H2, is there a 3rd party DISM app that doesn't rely on Windows' built-in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism fails at 90.1%