Windows 10: SFC Error Report

Discus and support SFC Error Report in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just ran SFC /scannow and got his error message Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BillS22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. BillS22 Win User

SFC Error Report

I just ran SFC /scannow and got his error message

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Should spend time trying to fix these issues?
    If so, where do I begin? The CBS.log is Greek to me. *Smile

:)

BillS22, Sep 4, 2015
  2. theking2 Win User

SFC /Scannow reports errors

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios.

What does this mean? Do I have to buy another computer?

sfc.log is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhtEmqUrtQAViKNODBDM0CXXUGo8KA

theking2, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Hot_Rod__ Win User
    sfc/scannow reports errors

I first tried the DVD image i made with the media creation tool, got the same error .. source files not found, so i used the extended version where you add your image drive letter.. samr result, source files not found, so recreated a USB version, repeated
    the process.. same result, source files not found..

I don't know what source files it seems to be looking for that it cant find, i assume the media creation tool is the drive where these source files are suppose to be ?? .

The USB stick is bootable and i did boot from to test it..

heres the CMD window contents results....

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:N:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[===========================91.8%===================== ]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>

Hot_Rod__, Sep 4, 2015
  4. BillS22 Win User

SFC Error Report

I attempted a repair and got this message

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

BillS22, Sep 4, 2015
  5. GregH Win User
    I think that many people have this issue BillS22. If more people ran this command, probably a huge number...
    I wish I could offer better advice - what I did in the end was to load Windows from a proper Microsoft DVD (Clean install) as both the upgrade option and a clean install by USB ISO gave me sfc errors that could not be fixed.

It might mean nothing for your system but watch your Reliability Monitor to see what is happening in the background. You may or may not see many system and application service crashes.

GregH, Sep 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  7. BillS22 Win User
    Thanks.
    I have some software issues, but the software suppliers have promised a fixes.
    Last night after waking my PC from sleep mode and then shutting down, I got a Explorer.exe error and an error stating the Nvidia Driver didn't load.
    I'm grumpy after a nap, maybe my PC takes after me. *Smile

That's why I ran SFC.
    I'll let it ride.

BillS22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC Error Report

1. SFC Error Report - Similar Threads - SFC Error Report

2. Error Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Report: How to solve following issue. Please assist.Problemsignatur:P1: 141P2: ffffd109eb1d4050P3: fffff8076402de38P4: 0P5: 684P6: 10_0_19044P7: 0_0P8: 256_1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-report/b2c5e58b-0331-49c4-a7b8-4ef5f86e7fcb
  3. Error Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Report: How to solve following issue. Please assist.Problemsignatur:P1: 141P2: ffffd109eb1d4050P3: fffff8076402de38P4: 0P5: 684P6: 10_0_19044P7: 0_0P8: 256_1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-report/b2c5e58b-0331-49c4-a7b8-4ef5f86e7fcb
  4. Error Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Upgrade to 20H2 bumpiness & SFC Report

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 20H2 bumpiness & SFC Report: Greetings, This time I wanted to verify that cumulative or feature updates GENERATE issues. So I did an SFC before updating my PCs, and on one of them CBS.log stuff appeared. In my gut I knew this was happening but I finally proved it. One pass of a DISM fixed it -- so it...
  6. Error Report

Error Report: Hey there guys, so I tried to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition but when I try to run the game it shows. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please help!!!...
  7. Error Reporting

Error Reporting: Approximately 2 months ago, error reporting by windows stopped. This seemed to coincide with a windows 10 update. By error reporting I mean the message box that should appear on an application failure, informing that the application needs to stop and offering several...
  8. SFC errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors: I have done a /RestoreHealth using admin command prompt*BiggrinISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:f:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess. Install.wim downloaded from Win10_1511_English_x32.iso. It said it was completed succesfully, but sfc /scannow...
  9. SFC scan reports errors

SFC scan reports errors: I have a number of issues with my tablet PC so I tried SFC/SCANNOW a couple of times. It reported that some of the errors found it could not repair. I viewed the logs --- a mass of (to me) meaningless detail. So what should I do now? How does one get these errors repaired?...
  10. SFC Error

SFC Error: Hello, Recently my PC has rebooted randomly, and then it couldn't find boot device, so I reseated my SATA and power cables going to the HDD. It seemed fine, but SFC found corrupt files. I can't fix this error. Tried: sfc /scannow Result: Windows Resource Protection...