Windows 10: SFC errors. Should I worry?

Discus and support SFC errors. Should I worry? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me. However, the PC seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FrankS, Dec 17, 2017.

1. FrankS Win User

SFC errors. Should I worry?

Hi
    I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me.
    However, the PC seems to running perfectly fine so should I bother addressing the SFC problems?

:)

FrankS, Dec 17, 2017

2. should I run SFC and DISM or not?

I got into administrator command prompt.

I ran chkdsk c: /f no problems.

I ran sfc /scannow

It ran through verification but then said windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

I have windows 10 version 1607. It did some updates today.

So what does that mean?

I also ran:

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I got / online id not available in the pe version

Cleanup-image is unknown

Restore health is unknown.

This system was originally 8.0 then updated to 8.1 then updated to 10. If I have to run a reset will it be able to reset with Windows 10?

There were no specific changes. It was just getting worse over a period of time while I was waiting for the creators update to become available.

travisteeXP, Dec 17, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    should I run SFC and DISM or not?

If your system is "messed up" and you don't know where to begin to fix it, the smart thing to do is either (1) show the computer to a professional; or (2) backup your personal files and do a clean install.

The thing not to do is to keep trying whatever you can think of in the hope of hitting on something that will work. That's a waste of time, in my view, and could make things worse.

For the future, the best thing to do is to backup your computer every day, so when it does get messed up - something at which I am expert - all you have to do is restore a backup made before the trouble started.

BulldogXX, Dec 17, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You should ignore it - there are often false positives given by sfc and dism and it they are only really worth running I you have an issue in the first place.

If you want to make analyzing SFC errors a hobby though (which is OK) then delete the whole C:\Windows\Logs\CBS directory and run it again.

Then run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    then run Sfc /Scannow again.

You can then check the new logs and see if the errors reported are correct (i.e. a Microsoft error) or not (i.e. a error due to NVidia or some other company). There are lots of people who will help analyze the logs if you want - just upload them here.

5. FrankS Win User
    OK, thanks, I'll try that.

FrankS, Dec 17, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Dec 17, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    While you can, my point was there is no need.

To do a repair install to fix a error report from sfc /scannow is pointless if everything is working.

In 3 months (and every subsequent 6 months) Microsoft will force another upgrade which will do the same thing as a in-place upgrade anyway.

If all is working, why bother?

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC errors. Should I worry? - Similar Threads - SFC errors Should

2. should i be worried?(WindowsDefender)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    should i be worried?(WindowsDefender): Bevore goint to eat i started a fulls security scan, shortly after when i came back, normaly it takes about an hour, what now confuses me is that the antimalwareexecutable takes 16% of my cpu, and no scan is running, does anyone know what is happening? submitted by...
  3. Should I Be Worried

Should I Be Worried: I enabled memory integrity in Microsoft defender, then I restarted my pc to enable it but then when I booted it up Microsoft said it had blocked something, should I be worried? P.S I cant find the notification again so I don't know what it is. submitted by /u/Totogogo505...
  4. Should i be worried?

Should i be worried?: Apologies for bad English, So,some month ago I accidentally downloaded a virus on my windows 10 PC and i got rid of it after some times,but today I noticed that my PC had an app called Walliant on it,I googled the name and i learned that there is a virus version of this app...
  5. Should I worry ?

Should I worry ?: Processing img gcbd5uhlh3361... submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6dipi/should_i_worry/
  6. Should I worry?

Should I worry?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lannisterprince [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1j4jk/should_i_worry/
  7. Should I be worries?

Should I be worries?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlexanHugh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5i3i0/should_i_be_worries/
  8. should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?: just bought forza horizon 4, getting weird downloads. for the first while it downloaded at about 50 mb/s, which isnt bad i guess but then it started giving me these 0x80080207 errors. i looked around for answers and found a few about deleting the Download folder in...
  9. SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /Scannow is failing. Should I be worried?: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Heres my CBS.LOG https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hUv8QrmzKlH4Tysrbcd3WV2Io3jmOPyB Thanks a lot in advance!...
  10. Should I be worried?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I be worried?: On to my desktop computer's display has appeared an odd icon. It is grey tone, size as start menu icons, crossed speaker picture in center. Can not capture it by printscreen key or picture scrab tool. It is left side of screen and moves vertically three steps up and down. I...