Windows 10: SFC failed to repair corrupted file

Discus and support SFC failed to repair corrupted file in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JitzyJT, Mar 24, 2018.

1. JitzyJT Win User

SFC failed to repair corrupted file

Hello,

I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and everything's fine in both of them.

Using findstr command I was able to replicate the corrupted file - > C:\WINDOWS\System32\ml-in\ml-in\TransliterationComponentLayouts.dgml

I tried running sfc from safemode but still got the same issue.

Windows 10 Pro 16299.334 64 bit

Antivirus - > Bitdefender Total Security 2018 22.0.19.242 64 bit

Windows Defender for the periodic scanning

Office 365 - 1802 64 bit

Language packs installed -> English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (US), Malayalam

Any help would be appreciated

The logs will be attached to the post

Thankyou *Smile

:)

JitzyJT, Mar 24, 2018

2. SFC Failed to repair corrupt files

Did you run dism to repair the problems? What was the underlying issue that prompted you to run SFC?

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 7 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...Should you have any questions please ask us.
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things
    SFC cannot

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 24, 2018
  3. SFC Failed to repair corrupt files

I have run a SFC scan and it found corrupt files but failed to repair files. This is the log file details are

here

DanteCodes, Mar 24, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.
    This is the problem? The SFC log says it was repaired.
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ml-in\ml-in\TransliterationComponentLayouts.dgml[/quote] (Appears to have something to do with Visual Studio)
    Have you checked if the folder even exists on the computer?

Which DISM command(s) have you run?

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
    then, again:
    sfc /scannow

simrick, Mar 25, 2018
  5. JitzyJT Win User
    (Appears to have something to do with Visual Studio)
    Have you checked if the folder even exists on the computer?

Which DISM command(s) have you run?

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
    then, again:
    sfc /scannow[/quote] Hi,

Thanks for the welcome *Smile

To answer the question, yes that's the error I got from the CBS log after running the "findstr" command. I couldn't upload the CBS log as its too big to be attached here.

I wonder if it had something to do with Office 365 updating to the new version - 1802. I tried a previous system image before the update. Ran SFC and it found no problems. Office got updated to 1802 and there it is again.I do have a Malayalam language pack for Office. Wonder if the "ml-in" refers to it.

I checked the directory and yes I do have that folder.

SFC failed to repair corrupted file [​IMG]

I ran two dism commands back to back :

Didn't bother with restoring the component store since scanning it didn't find any integrity violations. I ran another SFC command after running the DISM commands.

I'm at work now. I'll make another system image then try running the DISM command to restore the component store first thing tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to reply *Smile

JitzyJT, Mar 25, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
    Right. We don't need the whole CBS log anyway, just the text file you posted is fine.

Appears the ml-in refers to the language pack. Perhaps remove the language pack, update Office and reinstall the language pack? If you can identify the language pack as the problem, you'll want to report that in the Feedback hub.

No problem. Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC failed to repair corrupted file - Similar Threads - SFC failed repair

2. SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...: Hi, I have performed sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system files as the system is taking much time to boot and the disk read time is getting higher and often encounters STOP ERROR memory management error. and came to know that, "Windows Resource Protection...
  3. SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file

in Windows 10 News
    SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file: [ATTACH]The System File Checker or SFC is a system tool that can allow users to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system files. It is […] This article SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install: I have Windows 10 installed on top of Windows 7. When I ran sfc /scannow, I expected to be able to replace the corrupt files with good ones. However, I just did a Repair Install and I still get a message that I have corrupt files and Windows can't fix them. Any other possible...
  5. SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean

SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean: Hi, iam running sfc /scannow on a fresh windows 10 Pro 1607 installation and get every time the same output: found corrupt files...cannot be repaired... but when i analyze the cbs logfile there is no match when searching for "cannot repair". dism /online /cleanup-image...
  6. SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error

SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error: Each time I run SFC /scannow, I get an error message stating C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 21% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not...
  7. sfc /scannow failed to repair certain files

sfc /scannow failed to repair certain files: Hello, So I've done a sfc /scannow for maintenance and noticed that there were some files that could not be repaired. And instead of writing this on a old topic I made my own. I found a batch file created by "kronckew" on Windows 7 Help Forums The code is: @echo...
  8. SFC Corrupt Files

SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170
  9. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...
  10. Windows.UI.Logon.pri corrupted / sfc failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.UI.Logon.pri corrupted / sfc failed: Ever since i downloaded a program called Background changer for the Windows 10 login screen, whenever i run sfc scans it says it was unable to fix some of them.I open the cbs.log file and i always get the same errors about the windows.ui.logon.pri file.I've ran a script that...