Windows 10: SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart

Discus and support SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I‘m attempting to upgrade a 1607 Windows 10 Pro system to 1703. (I’ve successfully done four of my six systems.) The upgrade appears to complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JLOB, Apr 16, 2017.

1. JLOB Win User

SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart

I‘m attempting to upgrade a 1607 Windows 10 Pro system to 1703. (I’ve successfully done four of my six systems.) The upgrade appears to complete successfully, but there are two significant problems. I can no longer connect to my NAS, or any other computer on my network, and I can’t run off or disable my touchpad. (It would disable itself if a mouse was present, and work as advertised when a mouse was not attached.)

I thought I would try again. I reverted to the previous level NOT by backing it out, but by reloading the drive with the previous OS image. I then went to run SFC just to be sure there weren’t any file problems, and discovered that SFC won’t run because it has a prior repair awaiting a restart. Multiple restarts produced no change. Any idea how I might get by this pending repair?

Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 10 upgrade = No startup, No automatic repair, no restore point, no repair disc, no previous build, no diagnose, no Startup Setting options

Thank you for the reply.

Where would I press windows, X?

troubleshoot command prompt entry of sfc/scannow results in:

"there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows to run sfc again"

Then:

Computer goes straight to "Preparing Automatic Repair" on startup and restart.

Then it goes to "Diagnosing" when I enter sac/scannow, it displays "there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows to run sfc again"

When I restart, same series of events occurs.

how do I get past pending system repair?

-Dave

David Wynn1, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 upgrade = No startup, No automatic repair, no restore point, no repair disc, no previous build, no diagnose, no Startup Setting options

To clarify: I cannot run sfc/scannow , the message I get is "there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again"

Every restart fails.

Startup up repair page says "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC......"

What should I try next?

PC has been down for a week now.....not good.

David Wynn1, Apr 16, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Apr 17, 2017
Thema:

1. SFC Failure - awaiting repair pending a restart - Similar Threads - SFC Failure awaiting

2. pending restart problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pending restart problems: So i just restart my pc too many times and its still pending for the last version , my is 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5005101 , and i cant solve it , so please any thing for restarting without pending...
  3. KB5001391 pending restart

KB5001391 pending restart: Hi,I have selected to install KB5001391 in the optional updates section of Windows Update.After it have been downloaded and installed, Windows asks me the usual pending restart thing.The issue with the restart is, that I have restarted a lot of times already and every time...
  4. Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.

Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.: Hello so I bought an SSD and just installed windows 10 home 2004 version and all was working fine, the drivers and such. I've updated the windows update as well and for the first run it run smoothly without problem, and after a day I checked the windows update again for any...
  5. Failure SFC /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure SFC /scannow: Hello, I am having several BSoD errors like 0XC000021a and some applications give me the error 0xc000012f for example C: \ Windows \ SYSTEM32 \ AVICAP32.DLL is not designed to run on windows ... Searching in Google I read that one of the solutions was to do the sfc / scannow....
  6. Win 10 sfc /scannow restart pending

Win 10 sfc /scannow restart pending: Win 10 error "sfc /scannow restart pending". After restart several times and running the command again the same error ocurs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-sfc-scannow-restart-pending/5f70f801-4c5a-4355-8a61-1e37212695a3
  7. awaiting download

awaiting download: hi, Im having trouble updating my pc to Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions), version 1803, en-us . when i got into my settings i click onto update and security then click check updates and then it comes up with this Feature update to Windows 10 (business...
  8. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...
  9. SFC failure to complete

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC failure to complete: As part of my effort to cure problems with booting I have been trying to run SFC/SCANNOW but it fails every time with a notice that 'Resource protection cannot carry out the command', usually about half way through but recently after it after the scan had reached 95%. How can...
  10. Restart pending

Restart pending: Hi, I have a problem with that restart pending. Sfc/scannow does not help. I have started tens of time no succeed.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-pending/aaf758dd-8fcd-4bc6-9211-e698229fb4d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc connect repair with pending change