Windows 10: SFC reveals errors that cannot be fixed

Discus and support SFC reveals errors that cannot be fixed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gil, Apr 23, 2016.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

SFC reveals errors that cannot be fixed

I've attached the log file in ZIP.
    What can I do to fix this?

CBS.zip

:)

2. LC1230 Win User

Cannot fix SFC error.

I conducted the sfc/scannow command and it detected corrupt files. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix them. Details are in the .CBS log.

I have researched that and I cannot figure out how to fix the issue. I located that directory on my computer but I do not know how to fix the problem.

Does anyone have clear instructions on how to fix this?

Thank you

Original title: Corrupt files detected

LC1230, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Cannot fix SFC error.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

Have you logged into Microsoft account?

As you have mentioned, after running SFC scan ,you are getting the error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix them".

I would like to inform you that, DISM tool fixes the error caused by the SFC scan. Follow the steps provided in the article to
    run DISM Check and then Scan and check if it fixes the issue.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Apr 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, at the end it says
    "Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired"

Have you tried running SFC again after a restart?

If SFC continues to fail, the next procedure is this:
    If SFC /Scannow reports a failure, then the following downloads new files:

Open a Powershell window and at the prompt type (or copy and paste)
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press <Return>.

dalchina, Apr 23, 2016
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    the dism command worked but from CMD.
    I then ran sfc and it fixed everything.

I know what it was.
    there's a bug in gpedit.msc when opening it. fixing the bug involved altering a file which then is picked up as sfc error.

6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, good that you identified it - just come across this. MS knows about it..

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/gp...dmx-kb3147458/

After installing the April Cumulative Update KB3147458, the following error may pop up when opening the Group Policy Editor.

Resource ‘$(string.RequirePrivateStoreOnly)’ referenced in attribute displayName could not be found.

Detailed fix in the above,

else

Uninstall the update
    Hide it
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

else
    live with it for a while

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  7. GIL
    gil Win User
    yes that's exactly it. I'll live with it *Smile

Thema:

1. SFC reveals errors that cannot be fixed - Similar Threads - SFC reveals errors

2. sfc scan fixes errors - or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan fixes errors - or not?: windows 10 pro 19041.329 version 2004 windows started acting wonky on me necessitating a cold reset of the system, whether this was due to windows being windows, or due to system corruption, i wasn't sure. so i ran SFC /scannow to check my files, and each time i ran it, it...
  3. \system32>sfc /scannow revealed my computer has issues but can't fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    \system32>sfc /scannow revealed my computer has issues but can't fix it: Hi everyone I'd like your help : I executed this command on the CMD but, after the scan, it said that while it has encountered corrupted files, it can not repair them or act on them/ It told me to check C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log which I did but unfortunately I didn't...
  4. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  5. fix sfc errors manually from CBS.log

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fix sfc errors manually from CBS.log: I ran sfc /scannow and this is the error I'm getting. The CBS.log is linked below CBS.log - Google Drive 26626
  6. SFC errors - how to identify/fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors - how to identify/fix?: As one (not particularly hopeful) step in trouble-shooting a problem (Cortana not opening reliably) I used sfc /scannow from an elevated command. At its conclusion I got this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them....
  7. Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.

Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.: 5 Days ago I started getting this strange error: "SBCinema2.exe - Bad Image." "C:\Windows\System32\audioses.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  8. SFC /SCANNOW cannot fix storport.sys

SFC /SCANNOW cannot fix storport.sys: Hi there, been a while since I was on here. Been getting a few intermittent lock ups here and there and I MAY have narrowed it to the SSD, or specifically old firmware and corrupt files. Firmware was easy enough to resolve, then I used DISM to fix the disk image too -...
  9. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...
  10. 10240 sfc finds integrity violations and cannot fix

in Windows 10 Support
    10240 sfc finds integrity violations and cannot fix: Anybody else seeing this? I updated from 10166 which was gave clean sfc results before the update. 8310