Windows 10: SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

Discus and support SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

• Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    • Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    • Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    • Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    • Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    • Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    • Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    • How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

:)

Steve C, Jul 8, 2016

2. SFC /SCANNOW ERRORS IN WINDOWS 10

Dear all,

I have upgraded my HP note book windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days ago. My windows 10 details: Edition-Windows10 Home single language. Virsion- 1511

Everything running well after upgrade but i can't install following 2 updates:

1. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124263)

2. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Audio Device, Other hardware - Realtek High Definition Audio.

Several times i tried to install but it shows following errors:-
    SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update [​IMG]

( I have also run windows update troubleshooter but the problem remain same. I have also run following command -

1. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

but shows ERROR-14098, The Component store has been corrupted.)

Please with further solution. Thank you

MD RASHIDAHMED, Jul 8, 2016
  3. SFC /SCANNOW ERRORS IN WINDOWS 10

Hi Rashid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

To better understand and resolve the issue that you are facing please let us know

1.What is the exact issue that you are facing?

2.Which application are you facing the issue with?

3.Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the start of the issue?

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 8, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Sometimes you have to reboot and run sfc again. The repairs it does actually happen on a reboot. After the reboot you may have to do it again up to 3 times with reboots in between.

I can't answer why it doesn't find the install.wim, but it is fairly common.

essenbe, Jul 8, 2016
    • Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation ...
      In addition to what essenbe said .... there is a known issue re: opencl.dll - it's been around for a while. If it is opencl.dll (follow SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums), the error can be ignored.
    • Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO ...
      I'm not sure, but it seems to indicate that the Component Store cannot be found (resolved). I think this would cripple your system though instead of only showing up in DISM.
      Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter (TS) in Control Panel - then try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter (I'm not sure if they are the same, but why would MS offer a diag cab separate from the built-in TS?

Please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS (the entire folder) into a compressed folder on your desktop and attach the zip folder to a post. If it is too large, copy just the CBS.log file into a compressed folder and attach that.
    • How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim ...
      see # 2

Slartybart, Jul 8, 2016
  5. I looked at a few pages in a search

If KB3022345 is installed - uninstall it

Is .NET 3.5 enabled in Programs and Features - try disabling it, restart, try DISM

Slartybart, Jul 8, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    CBS.zip

Thanks. Yes - there was an opencl.dll error reported as [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted.

This is now fixed as mentioned in post 1. I enclose the CBS log folder for those who understand these things. KB3022345 is not installed. I have some elements of .NET 3.5 installed (see enclosed). I'm wary of removing it unless it affects something else.

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update [​IMG]

I ran reagentc /info and found the recovery image was pointing to the old Windows 8.1 image I had configured. I've now configured this to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO - would that explain the problem?

Steve C, Jul 8, 2016
  7. SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

Yeah, sometimes I miss things - thanks for pointing that out *Wink

KB3022345 not installed - OK (the reference was probably to a previous version of Windows). It never hurts to check.

.NET looks OK

reagentc should really point to a Win10 winRE.wim either in the Recovery partition or in the C:\Windows\System32\Recovery folder
    But no I don't think that would cause DISM to fail the way it did.

You could easily test that by running DISM ..... /RestoreHealth without the source parameter - if it fails, then reagent was not the issue.

Did you run the troubleshooter(s)?

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update - Similar Threads - SFC SCANNOW Errors

2. sfc/scannow error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc/scannow error: 00000253 Hashes for file member [l:14]'System.Web.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:20 b:47cb9b0ad80a6962723f7b601b7941971a388b19}. Actual: {l:20 b:f7d269889aa64c84ebb3f0c69c3705b046b7d751}.2023-07-01 07:32:49, Info CSI 00000254 [SR] Cannot repair member file...
  3. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  4. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  5. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  6. Error in log after sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error in log after sfc /scannow: Maybe this is the cause of my dde server errors. I don't know how to try and fix. CSI 0000065c Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \?? I have a few for different folders. Can some one point me in the correct direction ? 62743
  7. sfc /scannow error after 1709 update

sfc /scannow error after 1709 update: After 1709 update yesterday, I did %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase Then I did sfc /scannow. I got the following error. Windows Resource Protection found...
  8. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  9. sfc /scannow errors

sfc /scannow errors: I had a problem with chrome on windows 10, uninstalled it, new installer had malware on it. fixed it all up. system runs fine no problems. Decided to check sfc /scannow and got the corrupt files message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc error after upgrade