Windows 10: SFC /scannow - errors

Discus and support SFC /scannow - errors in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by acrusco, Aug 19, 2015.

1. acrusco Win User

SFC /scannow - errors

Hey all!

I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times, rebooted and even tried to use DISM to repair the image. No luck.. Anyone have any advice for me?

This is what comes up once sfc /scannow completes.. I'm sure we have all seen this before..

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

:)

acrusco, Aug 19, 2015

2. sfc /scannow error

just for checking for any errors in my computer just like that. i had done this as well on my old computer and had that problem even after it had been formatted.

Saksham Goyal, Aug 19, 2015
  3. sfc /scannow error

sfc / scannow ----- ERROR

Subrata697, Aug 19, 2015
  4. doktor1 Win User

SFC /scannow - errors

Had same problem; same sfc /scannow error...
    First running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth report said: "The component store is repairable."
    After that DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth had "error 0x800f081f".

So , download Windows 10 ISO, find install.wim file, (x:/Sources/install.wim) and copy it in new folder, (like C:/wim/install.wim)
    Now download NTLite and convert install.wim file from ESD version to normal; replace original file.

SFC /scannow - errors [​IMG]

SFC /scannow - errors [​IMG]

After that run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\wim\install.wim:1 /limitaccess and restore should start....
    After that run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and result should be: "No component store corruption detected."
    After that run sfc /scannow and see result; I had same problem like before but after PC restart, I run again sfc /scannow and result was - "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

doktor1, Aug 19, 2015
  5. acrusco Win User
    acrusco, Aug 19, 2015
  6. fotyc Win User
    Just wanted to say thanks for this, I found my error after trying to troubleshoot the famous disappearing start menu bug, and was able to make DISM complete the repair with the .wim I got via your instructions. Thanks!

fotyc, Jan 18, 2016
  7. danbanks Win User
    step one, find Windows 10 iso with same build as I have. Did that and downloaded the iso. Downloaded Nlite and executed program. Added win 10 iso in source and the program extracted some files. Found a convert tab and executed the function on the displayed files (as wim choice.) Extracted converted files to c:/wim directory. Used command line in post at beginning of thread. Results: Source file could not be found.

I still have errors being indicated in SFC and dism. What now, please. and Thanks for any assistance you might provide.

danbanks, Aug 2, 2016
  8. danbanks Win User

SFC /scannow - errors

The latest update to Windows 10 did nothing for my issue. I understand everyone is busy with new issues raised by the update. My issue, however, has not been resolved by the update. I have read and re-read posts, articles, suggestions and yet none of them have provided a fix. SFC keeps showing errors and the DISM won't find and use any substitute source.

danbanks, Aug 21, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. danbanks Win User
    Yes, I did try the utility. It continued to tell me the source could not be found. Now, after the Anniv. update, I do not have access to an iso file from which to extract the install material from. The "preferred source" has been removed because Microsoft isn't doing the free upgrade any longer. But even after the update, I continue to get errors with sfc.

danbanks, Aug 22, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please have some more patience, I will see if I can create an ISO of the Anniversary update for you *Smile

12. danbanks Win User
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have windows 10 pro 65 bit computer.

danbanks, Aug 22, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

SFC /scannow - errors

The ISO is currently uploading to my Onedrive, I expect it to be ready for sharing in 20-30 minutes but please be aware that it may take more time depending on the speed of uploading.

14. axe0 New Member
    The link for downloading the 1607 Anniversary Update ISO *Arrow <link removed>
    It'll be temporary available, after some time I'll remove the share link.

15. EdTittel Win User
    As posted in this thread, you can find a Windows 10 ISO download page at Microsoft.com. It provides an ISO for the Anniversary Update. It's available on the page entitled Download Windows 10 ISO File.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

SFC /scannow - errors

1. SFC /scannow - errors - Similar Threads - SFC scannow errors

2. sfc/scannow error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc/scannow error: 00000253 Hashes for file member [l:14]'System.Web.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:20 b:47cb9b0ad80a6962723f7b601b7941971a388b19}. Actual: {l:20 b:f7d269889aa64c84ebb3f0c69c3705b046b7d751}.2023-07-01 07:32:49, Info CSI 00000254 [SR] Cannot repair member file...
  3. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  4. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  5. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  7. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  8. sfc /scannow error

sfc /scannow error: After recent cumulative update of July 9, I did cleaning and then sfc /scannow.see picture below [img] I did thrice sfc /scannow. But I am getting error always. I am unable to decode from CBS.log. I am attaching cbs.log. I will be thankful if anyone can help me how to go...
  9. sfc /scannow errors

sfc /scannow errors: I had a problem with chrome on windows 10, uninstalled it, new installer had malware on it. fixed it all up. system runs fine no problems. Decided to check sfc /scannow and got the corrupt files message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898