Windows 10: SFC /scannow errror

Discus and support SFC /scannow errror in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, just wondering if these are anything I should try to fix or if I can just ignore them. When doing a sfc /scannow after it finished it reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kbz1960, Jul 25, 2015.

1. kbz1960 Win User

SFC /scannow errror

Hi, just wondering if these are anything I should try to fix or if I can just ignore them. When doing a sfc /scannow after it finished it reported this. I'm just trying to get my laptop ready for the upgrade and getting ready to clean it up and make an image.

SFC /scannow errror [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

kbz1960, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Buffy201 Win User

sfc /scannow

This did not work .. My laptop won't even boot to windows

Buffy201, Jul 25, 2015
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

Looks like a faulty drive.Please check the drive with diagnostics provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 25, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

SFC /scannow errror

Which build number of Windows 10 are you using? There was a few builds where sfc didnt work properly.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    He's using build 9600 from the command prompt version number. That would be one of the builds that had this issue.

kbz,

You'll just need to update to the latest build for it to work. *Smile

Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available

Brink, Jul 25, 2015
  6. kbz1960 Win User
    I am using 8.1. Was just checking to get ready for 10.

kbz1960, Jul 26, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    I thought that version number was 8.1. Just to confirm, you did this with administrator rights on cmd prompt?

Its a good idea actually to check for errors because you don't want to carry them over.

swarfega, Jul 26, 2015
  8. kbz1960 Win User

SFC /scannow errror

Yes with an admin command prompt.

kbz1960, Jul 26, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 26, 2015
  10. kbz1960 Win User
    Thanks, nothing seems to be fixing it. I'm just going to backup my files and upgrade, make an ISO and install fresh.

kbz1960, Jul 26, 2015
  11. I'm having the same issue with build 10240 after a clean install.

That Laggy Guy, Jul 31, 2015
  12. kbz1960 Win User
    After a clean install sfc /scannow finishes with finding no errors.

kbz1960, Aug 11, 2015
  13. SFC /scannow errror

This was a known issue in Win7/8 and it was due to the OS getting prepared to be upgraded to 10. It should work once 10 is installed.

ringlego1975, Aug 11, 2015
  14. I have the problem as well after the upgrade from Win 7 as I get the same message shown in the OP's screenshot. Have not done a clean install.

wordsworth, Aug 11, 2015
  15. Ended up doing another clean install (for other reasons) and I'm still having this problem.

I should note that all DISM functions turn up clean results.

Attached my CBS.log in case anyone might be able to help me out:
    CBS.zip

That Laggy Guy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC /scannow errror

1. SFC /scannow errror - Similar Threads - SFC scannow errror

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  3. Sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow: Hi.I run sfc /scannow as administrator and after finished I got :Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them .Then I restart pc .My question should I do dism or not because I search about it and didn't find an answer. Thanx for help...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Hello! When I try to enter the command, it gives me an error:sfc : The term 'sfc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.At...
  5. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  7. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f