Windows 10: sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

Discus and support sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by doriandiaconu, Sep 30, 2017.

1. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

Hello.

I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop.

Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors.

All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory"

I know some of the errors are because of the Insider Builds, but can someone take a look at my log and tell me what is wrong mainly with it?

I already ran DISM ChechHealth/ScanHealth/RestoreHealth succesfully.

CBS

:)

doriandiaconu, Sep 30, 2017

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix it

If you get the error message "cannot find source files"you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you do not have an ISO you can make one. The instructions are
    here

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 30, 2017
  3. KR1417 Win User
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix it

I did what you said Zigzag but its still saying

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source"option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

KR1417, Sep 30, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

Yes, same here, some screw up with Storage in Settings. Hope it will be fixed in next update. Send them report even if the do know about it. More people reported, faster the fix.

CountMike, Sep 30, 2017
  5. I have had that error on a previous build but it fixed with updating to version 1703 , I think you manage to acquire those duplicate ownership errors when you attempt to take ownership of system folders to peak inside while system persist to own these folders back to operate normally .

So with each version upgrade setup resets all these permissions again , so basically all you need is to wait for a version upgrade .

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

1. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them - Similar Threads - sfc scannow found

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix so some of them: HelloI'm currently having some bluescreen and gaming problems with my PC and decided to do an "sfc /scannow" and it came back with "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". This is the log that can2024-02-23 03:42:27, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted...
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  5. sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: In my CBS.log it says: Cannot repair member file [l:10]'bootux.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-BootUX.Deployment. Hashes for file member [l:10]'bootux.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:09efb5b6f7815632b05b190da24ea5d6844cc5dcff80219903119e440f3d2479}. Actual: {l:32...
  6. SFC /Scannow failed, found some corrupt files but was unable to fix them.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SFC /Scannow failed, found some corrupt files but was unable to fix them.: Two days ago, i tried running sfc scan and found that there was some corrupt files. I tried to use dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthalso checkhealth and scanhealth, but the result said that there was no virus.I tried to check cbs.log manually and found Onedrive.lnk...
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: My PC‘s gone into a blue screen before because of a memory chip malfunctioning, and after replacing the memory chip I launched into the WINPE to run the following command: `sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows /OFFLOGFILE=c:\log.txt`. Upon finishing, it...
  8. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  9. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...