Windows 10: sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

Discus and support sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jakatac, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Jakatac Win User

sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too large to place as an attachment so here is the link: sfc - Pastebin.com)

:)

Jakatac, Aug 26, 2015

2. SFC /SCANNOW finds errors but could not fix them. I have the CBS.log file

Are you using an ethernet cable or wireless to connect your computer to the router? An ethernet cable connection is faster and more reliable for large downloads. An ethernet cable is an inexpensive purchase.

Connect to a mains electricity supply if your computer is a laptop.

Disable your anti-virus whilst upgrading.

To use Windows Update click the Start button, icon (three horizontal lines), Settings (from drop down menu), Update & security, Windows Update. Click
    Learn more ( Looking for information about the latest updates?). Before you do this close all open windows and I recommend you do not multi-task whilst updating is in progress.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 26, 2015
  3. SFC /SCANNOW finds errors but could not fix them. I have the CBS.log file

craigmccall, Aug 26, 2015
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

When I found errors though sfc /scannow, I just said "screw it" and did an in-place upgrade which resolved the errors. My system runs amazingly well now.

fracking4oil, Aug 26, 2015
  5. jargo91 Win User
    I've just had this was driving me crazy for days going to close my post as worked it out from other answers no gurantees it will work for you too. But may be worth a shot!

->Download a copy of the windows 10 iso at Windows 10 choose 32/64 bit depending on your system
    -> I then mounted this using windows 10 double clicking the iso puts it on a new drive letter
    ->In the mounted iso file find sources\install.wim this is in a strange esd format
    ->install NT lite add your install.wim(esd) file and convert it into a wim file place it somewhere on your harddrive I found making a easy to type path useful for later
    ->Start run cmd as admin
    -> Enter Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup into the cmd window making sure you are using cmd as admin and wait
    ->Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Path:1 /limitaccess
    Path being the complete path to the wim file like mine was e:\sources\install.wim

After that my problems was gone

jargo91, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Jakatac Win User
    When it says, "Keep personal files and apps" does apps count as programs outside the Windows Store?

Jakatac, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Yes, it keeps everything... Just be sure you uninstall any antivirus beforehand.

fracking4oil, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Jakatac Win User

Alright. I'll try both methods and see which one works. Thanks

Jakatac, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Any progress?

10. Jakatac Win User
    Sorry for late reply. Yes, everything works perfectly now. *Smile

Jakatac, Aug 27, 2015
  11. Good to hear! *Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

12. Thanks very much for posting that. It took me a while to figure out the NT steps, but it eventually made sense. Only one note. After completing all the steps SFC still complained of file corruption but this time was able to repair the errors. Next run was error free.

bachastain, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow found

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  4. SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW found corrupt files but cannot fix some of them: Here's my CBS log, unfortunately i cannot paste the contents of it because it's unreadable, due to this forum's line character limit. Here's the link to my OneDrive folder containing CBS.log: Also it says here to use the /OFFLOGFILE flag but what excactly should I do ? Thank...
  5. sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc/scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: In my CBS.log it says: Cannot repair member file [l:10]'bootux.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-BootUX.Deployment. Hashes for file member [l:10]'bootux.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:32 ml:33 b:09efb5b6f7815632b05b190da24ea5d6844cc5dcff80219903119e440f3d2479}. Actual: {l:32...
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  8. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  9. Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.

Sfc /scannow..... found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them.: Win 10 version 1709 build 16299.402. I did a system file check and it said ........ "found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them". I am not looking for a solution, such as dism ..... restorehealth. I am just wondering if it is my computer or someone else is...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc found errors but could not repair