Windows 10: SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

Discus and support SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015.

1. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc

Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth
    I downloaded the image from MS since I know you can't run it natively without an image in 10..at least now. . Want to get everything repaired and in good shape since I am getting a second hard drive for a backup and don't want to backup something that may have issues. For some reason system restore wasnt't automatically making restore points so that is why I just want to do something "drastic" like this and then set up the task under scheduler.

I just want to do it from the command prompt within windows.
    For example, what would I need to type into the prompt if I had the image on my desktop? Any assistance is appreciated.

:)

pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015
  2. Gizmo1923 Win User

Snipping Tool Solid Gray cut out

I tried and this is what I got

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc/scannow

sfc/scannow : The term 'sfc/scannow' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable

program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ sfc/scannow

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (sfc/scannow:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth

dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth : The term 'dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth' is not recognized as the

name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was

included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth:String) [], CommandNotFoundExce

ption

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Gizmo1923, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Windows Push Notification User

Update: I've been able to start an sfc /scannow, I'm going to attempt to run it a couple of times and then do the

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

then do sfc /scannow again a couple more times

Starman245, Mar 30, 2015
  4. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  6. Aww hey thank you for putting it into those terms for me. I think I did see this somewhere else, but didn't completely understand what to do. I will burn the image I downloaded last night onto a DVD and try it out. Not sure why I didn't burn it already. I usually know to do this*Smile

pittguy578, Mar 30, 2015
  7. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

You can also just mount it, wherever the ISO is located. The drive letter assigned after mount (see MY PC for that) is the letter you substitute for "X".

Don't really need to burn it to use it for DISM.

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2015
  9. adamf Win User
    *Thumbs I didn't think of that.

adamf, Mar 30, 2015
  10. Jackalito Win User
    Guys, just for you to know, sfc /scannow works out of the box in the new build on fast lane 10049 *Smile

Jackalito, Mar 31, 2015
  11. jmsnyc Win User
    Help.... I did this . I have the same ISO I used to upgrade and I still get message it can't find sources. I replaced X with K which is the drive of the mounted ISO. The image does have a folder in called sources

jmsnyc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

1. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow DISM

2. Bad Image: Stuck on SFC Scannow and DISM RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Image: Stuck on SFC Scannow and DISM RestoreHealth: I came back from 3 weeks out of town and got a blue screen of death. Then the computer got hung up trying to install updates. I'm not really sure the cause, or if there's a virus I still need to eradicate, but at any rate I was getting a bunch of class not registered messages...
  3. Bad Image: Stuck on SFC Scannow and DISM RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Image: Stuck on SFC Scannow and DISM RestoreHealth: I came back from 3 weeks out of town and got a blue screen of death. Then the computer got hung up trying to install updates. I'm not really sure the cause, or if there's a virus I still need to eradicate, but at any rate I was getting a bunch of class not registered messages...
  4. Bad Image: Stuck on SFC Scannow and DISM RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth complete too fast sometimes

SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth complete too fast sometimes: I don't know why but sometimes when I run sfc /scannow and dism scan because I suspect there's corrupted files that make my pc slow, it complete TOO FAST. Sometimes it jumps from 40% to 100% right away. Is the scan skipping some part of the disks because of malware or...
  6. Both SFC /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Fail

Both SFC /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Fail: Hi Everyone In late 2017, I purchased a new Lenovo core i5 desktop with Win10 Home edition with 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD. The OEM HDD has 6 partitions with partition #3 being the C drive at 909GB. I'm sure all the other 5 partitions are being used by Lenovo and Microsoft for OEM...
  7. Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...: Dear Microsoft community, Last weekend was when I first experienced the Windows button not working on my Lenovo Legion y520, this seemed like a small issue to fix. The first thing I read was running a scan through sfc /scannow - it stopped at 4% and got error 87...
  8. sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.: Hi, the two commands above, when entered in my Admin. command prompt do not work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sfc-scannow-and-dismexe-online-cleanup-image/db3b24de-a261-403e-9d11-8141d13f7954
  9. sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64: In the previous build (16299.19) I had the issue of contracticting reports between sfc /scannow (reported "corrupt files unable to repair"), and dism.....restorehealth (reported "operation completed successfully"). ref : sfc and dism ..... old issue returns It is a relief...
  10. Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does DISM/Restorehealth fix all issues with SFC/SCannow?: Really weird. Ran SFC Scannow. Says I have some corrupt files. So I went ahead and did the DISM/Restorehealth and it said it completed successfully. But when I run SFC again getting same error. Wouldn't a DISM/Restorehealth fix any issues with SFC/Scannow? 51039