Windows 10: SFC /SCANNOW results

Discus and support SFC /SCANNOW results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Apr 1, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

SFC /SCANNOW results

Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts?

sfcdetails.txt

:)

f14tomcat, Apr 1, 2015

2. Need help with sfc /scannow results

You need to run DISM restorehealth as described in this wiki to fix the errors

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 1, 2015
  3. Help required on sfc /scannow results

I wish someone would figure this out.. I have same problem and tried everything..

When I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    the system reported "the component store is repairable, the operation completed successfully.

Suitably enouraged I then ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
    This time the system reported

"Error 0x800f081f" and that "the source files could not be found"

slicksickwilly, Apr 1, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

SFC /SCANNOW results

Yeah ! It's good to see SFC working again !

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 1, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    Why do you want to run it? All this is telling you is one file doesn't match what is in the store and what is in the store is corrupt. It says:
    You could repair the store by running dism. Most likely this will not work as MS haven't uploaded these versions to their servers.

You can force dism through by specifying a /source .wim and then sfc will work. The question is whether forcing the version of SmbLocalization.psd1 that happens to be on the .wim you extract from your esd is either required or sensible.

I think on the whole I would not bother as I know of no way to say which is correct. That's my 2c.

adamf, Apr 1, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Adam, there was no particular thing I was trying to fix. I just knew in previous builds it would not run correctly, and was just testing. I've done the DISM routine before, on 10041 using the ISO as source, but did not repair anything in store. Got the exact same results I got this time. Just wondering if the non-repairable component was anything to be concerned about. Testing only, no big deal. *Wink

f14tomcat, Apr 1, 2015
  7. SmbLocalization.psd1 is part of the language pack and these things have been an issue for most of the TP, nothing to worry about.

The two json files, utc.app.json & telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json were successfully repaired on my machine with
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:<ISO mounted drive letter>:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

The LimitAccess parameter just tells Dism to not use Windows Update.

SmbLocalization was not reported on my machine, so I don't know which index of the WIM the file is located.

Try running the Dism command with each index as the source
    wim:1
    wim:2
    wim:3
    wim:4

Then run SFC again

Slartybart, Apr 2, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

SFC /SCANNOW results

Thanks for the reply. Already had done the DISM and SFC and fixed same as you. This was the SR detail before I had run DISM. Only thing that was left was the SmbLocalization.psd1, so I'm not concerned a bit! It had something to do with powershell, which is fine, and I'm not running in Korean or anything but EN-US. Have a good one! *Biggrin

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SFC /SCANNOW results

1. SFC /SCANNOW results - Similar Threads - SFC SCANNOW results

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  3. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  7. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).: Hello, after replacing my hard drive i have been no longer experiencing the bsod irql not equal or less, after i replaced my old hard drive i ran sfc/scannow in command prompt as an administrator on my laptop to make sure it wasnt just a bad hard drive causing the bsod and...
  8. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Interpreting sfc /scannow results: My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  9. SFC /Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  10. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341