Windows 10: sfc /scannow says this.

Discus and support sfc /scannow says this. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Some of the damaged files couldn't be repaired: [img] And, CBS.log says some errors similar to this one: 2015-11-26 16:02:04, Info CSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Ghost82 Win User

sfc /scannow says this.

Some of the damaged files couldn't be repaired:

sfc /scannow says this. [​IMG]

And, CBS.log says some errors similar to this one:

2015-11-26 16:02:04, Info CSI 00000442 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\bcastdvr" in component Microsoft-Media-Capture-Internal-BroadcastDVR, version 10.0.10586.11, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

2015-11-26 16:02:07, Info CSI 00000486 Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:40]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Cem" in component Microsoft-Foundation-Diagnostics-ErrorDetails, version 10.0.10586.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

2015-11-26 16:03:03, Info CSI 000007fd Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:32]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\Branding\Shellbrd" in component Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Shell-Professional, version 10.0.10586.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

I just did /scannow twice but it keeps me showing this kind of errors. I don't have a clue about their meaning.

:)

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  2. Buffy201 Win User

sfc /scannow

This did not work .. My laptop won't even boot to windows

Buffy201, Nov 25, 2015
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

Looks like a faulty drive.Please check the drive with diagnostics provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 25, 2015
  4. sfc /scannow says this.

Have you put the error codes into Bing and searching or google.
    Both them should find a link for you to read up on them or if anyone else has come up against the same problem.

hTconeM9user, Nov 25, 2015
  5. Ghost82 Win User
    Yep, I'm on it, but I don't find anything clear. I'm running the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth thing, because one of the entries after my search pointed out and old post with similar issues.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  6. Good sorry could not help you anymore other than to point you in that direction

7. Ghost82 Win User
    It's fine, Sir *Smile.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

sfc /scannow says this.

9. Ghost82 Win User
    I'll try it, I'll be back with feedback.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  10. Ghost82 Win User
    Some results so far:

- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth: everything is alright.
    - Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth: so far so good.
    - Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: so far so good too.

So I'll going to reboot and do a sfc /scannow.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  11. lx07 Win User
    Dism should tell you if it fails... If it finishes OK then if there is still a problem with sfc you could copy the cbs log to desktop, zip it and upload it here...

12. Ghost82 Win User
    Well, I think we don¡t need the log, hahaha. The sfc report says everything is good now:

sfc /scannow says this. [​IMG]

I guess the DISM thing solved it? It's a mistery to me.

Anyway, with this tool I'm a little bit psyched. It's good to run the scf on a kind of routine, or only if we see that something is messed up? I ask this because I wasn't experiencing anything bad, but did it and found those lines.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
  13. lx07 Win User

sfc /scannow says this.

Yes DISM fixed it - good news *Smile

SFC replaces corrupt things from the component store. This was also corrupt so sfc could not work. Dism fixed the component store and this meant sfc could then work and replace whatever was wrong.

As for how often to run probably only if something is not working is it required. It would not do any harm to run every week (or every day) though. Perhaps after installing upgrades would be a good time.

14. Hi glad you got it sorted and hopefully now all will be good

15. Ghost82 Win User
    Thank you both, guys *Smile. I really love this boards. Well, the people in here, of course.

Ghost82, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

sfc /scannow says this.

1. sfc /scannow says this. - Similar Threads - sfc scannow says

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  3. Sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow: Hi.I run sfc /scannow as administrator and after finished I got :Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them .Then I restart pc .My question should I do dism or not because I search about it and didn't find an answer. Thanx for help...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Hello! When I try to enter the command, it gives me an error:sfc : The term 'sfc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.At...
  5. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  7. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f