Windows 10: SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

Discus and support SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rocky, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform....

I just installed the latest slow ring preview build, version 14931.1000 and when I performed an SFC /SNANNOW I get to 19% and then the command comes up

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I tried three times and it always goes to 19% then this line appears.

Is there anything for me to be concerned about?

What can I do to correct it?

:)

Rocky, Oct 5, 2016

2. sfc /scannow: windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

Now the errors make more sense. There are lots of errors pointing to timeouts and storage spaces. The fact that CHKDSK fails may confirm that there is a HD issue. I would go to the HD maker>find>download>and run their disk checking utility as CHKDSK
    only checks the file system not the acutal HD.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 5, 2016
  3. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Still same message.

windows resource protection could not start repair service.

what next, still unable to get update installed

Don Walker (Don.Walker), Oct 5, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

I know about this fix;

RE : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealh.................. I get error: 0x800f081f, the source file could not be found

Use the Tech Bench link below to download YOUR version of Windows 10 iso file.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.

Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

but since this is a preview build, I don't have the ISO for it.

Rocky, Oct 5, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    Thanks, I will try this.

Rocky, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    That didn't work because the last step still requires the ISO to repair the problem. Without a readily handy copy of the ISO, I guess that I can not fix this error.

I might just roll back to the retail version. Unfortunately part of my problem leaves me without access to the Insider hub so I can't even leave feedback.

Rocky, Oct 6, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Please be specific. It's really unhelpful if you just say 'that didn't work'. What happened? Minimal comment gets minimal further help, I'm afraid....

Did you or did you not run SFC /SCANNOW in safe mode?

Have you tried Tweaking.com's tool or not? That certainly doesn't need an iso.

I don't know what you did.. or what the outcome was.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    I thought that I was very, very specific. The last step requires a copy of my ISO. There is no publicly accessible copy of my ISO so I can not correct the issue.

Rocky, Oct 6, 2016
  10. Rocky Win User
    I am going to change my build number which will provide me with a different ISO. I will report back in about 3 hours with the results.

It will take that long because I live out in a small farming community and the internet speed is very slow. The ISO is about 3.5 gb so it will take me a little while.

Rocky, Oct 6, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Good news.. this issue has been fixed in build, 14942.

Screen Shot:

SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform.... [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2016
  12. Rocky Win User
    That is good news because that is the build that I am downloading now.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC /SCANNOW, Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform.... - Similar Threads - SFC SCANNOW Resource

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  6. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service": I've been trying to do "sfc /scannow" because my computer will not start up without crashing to the BSOD, but everytime I type it into the admin command prompt is tells me that Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service even when i'm in safe mode. I looked...
  7. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I have a problem with bad image and i have seen that how to solve that is to do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Right now i am stuck in 84% and it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help me and if you have another solution to...
  8. SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow stuck, Windows Resource Protection could not perform...: Hello! It's my first post here. Sometimes my computer isn't booting on the first try. It just displays a black screen after POST. I had to reset it for it to boot the second time. So I tried to run sfc /scannow to maybe fix the problem. But it always get stuck at 88% with the...
  9. sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow constantly fails. Keeps saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...: Hi, I have been trying to run this command unsuccessfully for the past week because some game that I bought won't launch for a file in the System32 directory is corrupt. But it never succeeds. I have tried running the command in Safe Mode, Advanced Startup, executing the...
  10. sfc windows resource protection could not perform...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc windows resource protection could not perform...: You are welcome. That's great news. The in place upgrade repair was successful.