Windows 10: SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs

Discus and support SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 1709 x64 may update. There are no hardware or drive corruption issues as I've done low level drive tests to confirm this. SMART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by goku, Aug 19, 2018.

1. goku Win User

SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs

Running Windows 10 1709 x64 may update. There are no hardware or drive corruption issues as I've done low level drive tests to confirm this. SMART shows perfect scores, etc. Trying to complete SFC but the SFC logs have questionable/nebulous answers for why it won't complete. Attached are the DISM and SFC logs. Dism completes to 100% but SFC doesn't even get to the point of showing a % completed and just fails before it makes any significant progress.

:)

2. Riel Alc Win User

SFC reports corrupt files that cannot be repaired

Hi Jay,

For to better assist you with the SFC reports issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Please provide us a CBS logs for us to determine what is the file that cannot be repaired.
    To get the logs, please follow the steps below:

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfclogs.txt”, then hit
      Enter. (This will create a sfclogs.txt file on your desktop).
    • Open the sfclogs.txt and check the result of SFC scan.
    Note: SFC cannot always fix corrupted files.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 19, 2018
  3. sfc /scannow detected some corrupt files.. unable to fix.. what to do?

Hi,

There are several factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that the SFC scan could not repair the files. This could be related to the file types in question or ab additional command that needs to be completed. For us to resolve your concern,
    kindly answer the questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you are still able to use your computer or this is preventing normal usage?
    • Were there any applications that have not been responding properly?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest the you now attempt to run the DISM command to correct errors that the SFC scan could not. You can follow the steps to run the command that are available through this

link

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 19, 2018
  4. SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs

Windows 10 sfc /scannow not repairing these files..

Hello Ahley,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing
    or corrupted system files

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs

1. SFC unable to complete file moving/repairs - Similar Threads - SFC unable complete

2. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  4. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to: I get this message:"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline...
  6. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to: I get this message:"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them For online repairs , details are included in the CBS log file located at windir \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.1og . For example C : \ Windows \ Logs \ CBS \ CBS.log . For offline...
  7. used sfc /scannow to repair some files and it is unable to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SFC unable to repair file, not sure how to locate file manually to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC unable to repair file, not sure how to locate file manually to fix: After sfc /checknow, I get the following at the end of the log: 2019-12-16 12:51:19, Info CSI 000001fe [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:34]'System.Workflow.ComponentModel.dll' of System.Workflow.ComponentModel, version 4.0.15788.146, arch msil,...
  9. SFC Scan error unable to repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scan error unable to repair: Hi sorry if this is the wrong section its my first time posting here. My windows 10 recently have had a lot of Explorer exe crashes (task manager) and it wouldn't boot up properly and i finally got it to work after a fresh installation of the os again. I took some advice and...
  10. SFC cannot repair all files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC cannot repair all files?: I upgraded a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC to Win 10. I then ran SFC /scannow from both a boot prompt and an elevated command prompt. Three files cannot be repaired. Opencl.dll winhlp32.exe.mui Winhlp32.exe I believe I read that the opencl.dll error is normal. I assume the...