Windows 10: SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

Discus and support SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Long story short, I had some problems with my computer slowly starting to be unable to open certain programs (Steam,Battle.Net Launcher,Certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AwYeahBoy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. AwYeahBoy Win User

SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

Long story short, I had some problems with my computer slowly starting to be unable to open certain programs (Steam,Battle.Net Launcher,Certain internet sites) and so I put a ticket into chrome and blizzard. Blizzard had the best response and it ended with them telling me, "According to your MSinfo, I see that the launcher is having all kinds of problems and even crashes out often. When I looked into the details of these crashes, I see that the loaded module is Kernelbase.dll (dont worry, Ill explain). After doing some research on this Dynamic Link Library (.dll file), I see that this file is associated to some essential processes contained within Windows and may hint at User Profile Data Corruption." He then starts to inform me how I can combat this, "Run Microsoft's System File checker! & Create a new admin user" I ran "sfc /scannow" got up to 26% and then was told, "windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation" I'm at a lost. Thank you for your time.

:)

AwYeahBoy, Jul 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Freezing

When I run SFC scan it shows me this: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Szymon Malanowski, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Windows not running

After it does the verification for the SFC /SCANNOW command, it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Egor Gorelyy, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

1. SFC-windows resource protection cannot perform the requested operation - Similar Threads - SFC resource protection

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: image NOTE dsim shows the wof driver encountered an corruption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-showing-windows-resource-protection-could-not/8b7732bf-5448-4dd2-9a42-b389990840a5
  6. sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc showing Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: image NOTE dsim shows the wof driver encountered an corruption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-showing-windows-resource-protection-could-not/8b7732bf-5448-4dd2-9a42-b389990840a5
  7. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  8. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I have a problem with bad image and i have seen that how to solve that is to do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Right now i am stuck in 84% and it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help me and if you have another solution to...
  9. resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resource protection cannot perform the requested operation: The problem stems from me trying to update to 1909. It kept failing at 40% and restarting. I then started getting blue screen errors. I rolled back the update to 1803 and have not been able to get further. Dskcheck and dism have been completed no problem. Thes sfc...
  10. Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation: I managed to receive a couple of blue screens after updating Nvidia driver to 388.13 so I rolled back and then things went calm again , but then Windows came up with a notification that my C: disk needing a scan and if I should schedule one upon restart , it took roughly 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SFC unable lo perform the requested operation