Windows 10: SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error

Discus and support SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Each time I run SFC /scannow, I get an error message stating C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vandiere, Oct 20, 2015.

1. vandiere Win User

SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error

Each time I run SFC /scannow, I get an error message stating

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 21% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

After much effort, I managed to get DISM to repair some errors it found but that didn't fix my SFC problem. I also ran SFC in Safe Mode but had the same result.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:J:\So
    urces\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

I also attempted a Reset for Windows 10 but I got an error message that wouldn't allow me to complete the Reset. I'd really like to avoid having to do a Reset and use SFC to fix my corrupted files. Any suggestions?

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?id=FE2A22E47A67ED6E&resid=FE2A22E47A67ED6E%212225&authkey=AHdZ4el7J99BT3Q

SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro.
    Start time: 2015-10-21 08:58:14.267
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 - amd64
    Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
    SUMMARY: No corruptions were detected.
    AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
    SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro has completed.
    Currently storing 0 datablocks.
    Finish time: 2015-10-21 09:03:39.409
    ----------------------EOF-----------------------

:)

vandiere, Oct 20, 2015

2. SFC Failed to repair corrupt files

Did you run dism to repair the problems? What was the underlying issue that prompted you to run SFC?

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 7 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...Should you have any questions please ask us.
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things
    SFC cannot

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 20, 2015
  3. Louie Del Win User
    SFC cannot repair corrupt files

Hi,

When you’ve run the System File Check tool, it seems like it fails to repair the corrupted files due to a possible software conflict. To help us isolate this concern, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot. This troubleshooting technique can help to identify if there are application that may cause the issue. Click
    here for the steps.

Once you’re in the clean boot state, try checking your computer if you’ll observe any unusual behavior while you navigate the system.

Note: After the troubleshooting, refer to this section: “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” on the same support
    article
    to boot the computer in normal setup once the issue has been resolved.

After you’ve booted in the normal mode, we suggest running again the
    SFC
    tool and also use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. These tools are commonly used to repair errors or any corrupted files. Click this
    Forum
    Article
    by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) for the instructions.

Let us know the outcome after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Oct 20, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Oct 20, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Go into Services and locate Windows Modules Installer and double click(or right click and choose properties). Then Change the Startup type to Manual. If it is already set to Manual, try disabling then reset to Manual.

SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  6. vandiere Win User
    I ran the diskpart but I don't see where my WIN10 partition would be. Volume 4 is my system drive. Not sure how to setup the offline SFC based on this information.

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
    ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    Volume 0 E NTFS Simple 1397 GB Healthy
    Volume 1 H DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
    Volume 2 J J_CCSA_X64F UDF DVD-ROM 3894 MB Healthy
    Volume 3 D Massive NTFS Partition 2794 GB Healthy
    Volume 4 C NTFS Partition 238 GB Healthy System
    Volume 5 G MegaDrive NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy
    Volume 6 F Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 7 I Removable 0 B No Media

vandiere, Oct 20, 2015
  7. vandiere Win User
    I switched it to disabled and then set it back to manual. Tried SFC /Scannow again but I get the same error as before.

vandiere, Oct 20, 2015
  8. SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error

fracking4oil, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    Maybe just running CHKDSK /f will work.

10. JohnC Win User
    Using Diskpart was to discover the logical drive letter for the windows and the system recovery drive. You can also find that info in file explorer. Running sfc /scannow at boot should keep it from hanging like it was doing to you. Find out the drive letters and then do this part and see if it helps.

SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error [​IMG]

JohnC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error - Similar Threads - SFC won't repair

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.: Hello,I am currently trying to play a game and when I launch it I get this error.23:35:56: Starting BattlEye Service... 23:36:00: Launching game... 23:36:01: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game. 23:36:01: [INFO] Blocked loading of file:...
  3. SFC says it found and repaired corrupted files, but the log contradicts it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SFC says it found and repaired corrupted files, but the log contradicts it: I ran System File Checker in CMD and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them." However, when I opened the log to check which file it had repaired, there were no reports of any file being repaired. The only description of any...
  4. SFC says it found and repaired a corrupted file, but the log contradicts it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SFC says it found and repaired a corrupted file, but the log contradicts it?: I ran System File Checker online in CMD and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them." However, when I opened the CBS log to check which file it had repaired, there were no reports of any file being repaired. The only description...
  5. SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...: Hi, I have performed sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system files as the system is taking much time to boot and the disk read time is getting higher and often encounters STOP ERROR memory management error. and came to know that, "Windows Resource Protection...
  6. SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file

in Windows 10 News
    SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file: [ATTACH]The System File Checker or SFC is a system tool that can allow users to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system files. It is […] This article SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. SFC failed to repair corrupted file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC failed to repair corrupted file: Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and...
  8. sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install

sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install: I have Windows 10 installed on top of Windows 7. When I ran sfc /scannow, I expected to be able to replace the corrupt files with good ones. However, I just did a Repair Install and I still get a message that I have corrupt files and Windows can't fix them. Any other possible...
  9. SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean

SFC found corrupt files that cannot be repaired but log file is clean: Hi, iam running sfc /scannow on a fresh windows 10 Pro 1607 installation and get every time the same output: found corrupt files...cannot be repaired... but when i analyze the cbs logfile there is no match when searching for "cannot repair". dism /online /cleanup-image...
  10. SFC Corrupt Files

SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170