Windows 10: Shadow backup

Discus and support Shadow backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What is the importance of Shadow? I just tested a backup program and at the end it said it was making a Shadow backup and it seemed to run forever.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jackman33, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Shadow backup

What is the importance of Shadow? I just tested a backup program and at the end it said it was making a Shadow backup and it seemed to run forever. Just curious. Using CMS BounceBack.

:)

Jackman33, Jul 22, 2016
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Why does shadow copy continue to run in the background even though I have set the service to manual?

Hi Sonya,

By default, VSSC runs as part of the system. It is not recommended to turn off Volume Shadow Copy. It manages and implements Volume Shadow Copies used for backup and other purposes. If this service is stopped, shadow copies will be unavailable for
    backup and the backup may fail. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Josef Bri, Jul 22, 2016
  3. LG123W Win User
    Unable to do a backup on windows 10.

unable to do a backup on windows 10. cant find shadow copy.

original Title: backup

LG123W, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Shadow backup

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Your welcome*Smile
    The diagrams & flowcharts there, were helpful for me, in better understanding, the material written.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Shadow backup

1. Shadow backup - Similar Threads - Shadow backup

2. Shadow copy error on windows backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shadow copy error on windows backup: I can no longer get a clean backup with Microsoft backup. I keep getting a shadow copy error code 0x81000037. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-error-on-windows-backup/68f360d8-42eb-4095-9d42-20b381f69c1b
  3. Shadow copy error on windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shadow copy error on windows backup: I can no longer get a clean backup with Microsoft backup. I keep getting a shadow copy error code 0x81000037. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-error-on-windows-backup/68f360d8-42eb-4095-9d42-20b381f69c1b
  4. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  5. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  6. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...: We have been having failed backups due to a VSS error on our VMs Hyper-V. Our backup provider - BackupAssist - determined that their software uses a specific backup provider, and that the Hyper-V IC Software Shadow Copy Provider is interfering with our backup. Their solution...
  7. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...: We have been having failed backups due to a VSS error on our VMs Hyper-V. Our backup provider - BackupAssist - determined that their software uses a specific backup provider, and that the Hyper-V IC Software Shadow Copy Provider is interfering with our backup. Their solution...
  8. My backup provider says we need to delete the registry key for Hyper-V IC Software Shadow...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Error 0x80780113, Not enough space to create the volume shadow copy, The backup failed

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80780113, Not enough space to create the volume shadow copy, The backup failed: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how you can fix the error 0x80780113 when the backup has failed on Windows 11/10. Windows offers a built-in Backup and Restore tool which is primarily used for creating a full system image backup so that you can restore the system to its...
  10. PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEM WITH NAS BACKUP VOLUME SHADOW COPY RESETS ON EVERY REBOOT: I have Windows 10 installed and use Acronis to back up the hard drive to a NAS system. I understand from Acronis who have looked at the logs that the problem I'm having is because the Volume Shadow Copy is not starting. If you set this to be on and start, it will not stay on...