Windows 10: Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Discus and support Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an old game that keeps it's saves in a specific location that cannot be changed (mydocuments\gamename\saves in case that matters). I'm playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScothMcBeast, May 16, 2018.

1. Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

I have an old game that keeps it's saves in a specific location that cannot be changed (mydocuments\gamename\saves in case that matters). I'm playing with 2 different PC's both carrying win10-64bit and I'm getting tired of copying the new save to a cloud service and moving again when getting to another pc.

I'd need to add that specific folder into a cloud service, how?

I'm using Google Drive (not the app but will get it if it helps) and OneDrive.

With Google drive all tutorials I've found are about sharing folders already in the drive. For some reason I haven't found any how to share a folder into the drive

With OneDrive I've found few tutorials but my One Drive view is completely different from those tutorials so those are not really helping. In tutorial views and info it's pretty straight forward how to do this with share command right on view, but like I said I have different looking one drive for some reason. I've added those tutorial views and what I'm looking at to this post as jpg attachments.

Is there a supported way (or any other way) to do this without actually investing money at this point to 21 year old game?

Thanks for replies.

:)

ScothMcBeast, May 16, 2018
  2. hobboy Win User

Solved - Shared folder not sharing the most recently added files (Google Drive)

Solved (see below). I can't mark my below post as the answer so hopefully a moderator can sort that out.

I share my Google Drive folder to another account (admin) on my computer. I use this account with Google Drive (non-admin) infrequently, but when I've logged in (and synced files) in the last week or two the added files have not received the sharing permissions.

The way I've shared this folder is by:

right clicking on the folder --> sharing --> network file and folder sharing --> share... (add read/write permission for admin)

Removing and re-adding the folder sharing does not add permissions to these files, but I am able to add permissions manually (although this is workaround and I can't do this for all files).

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can get this Folder sharing working correctly again?

hobboy, May 16, 2018
  3. RobHCom Win User
    How do I share a folder that is on a storage drive to my Homegroup?

I have a Homegroup set up to specifically share to my WDTVLive media streamer, all the default file folders (that are listed in the default share window) show up and the videos , music and pictures work fine.

However, I have a storage drive for media that will not show up either in the share list or in my WDTVLive

I already right clicked on the folder I want to share and selected "Share with Homegroup View and Edit" but it still doesn't show up as being shared and I cannot view it.

How do I "simply" add this folder to the default list of shared folders?

thanks

RC

RobHCom, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

1. Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive? - Similar Threads - Share specific folder

2. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  3. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  4. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Sharing: I currently have a Desktop computer and a Laptop. Both are synced to my windows profile, but I have certain preferences I want as far as shared apps. I have games and work apps on my desktop. I recently wiped my laptop trying to increase it's speed, and synced my account this...
  6. One Drive Sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive Sharing: I currently have a Desktop computer and a Laptop. Both are synced to my windows profile, but I have certain preferences I want as far as shared apps. I have games and work apps on my desktop. I recently wiped my laptop trying to increase it's speed, and synced my account this...
  7. Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive

Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive: I want to ask for clarification on using and syncing files in both Google drive and One drive on the same computer.I use 2 Emails for saving and syncing files 1. Wk.........*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email is hidden for personal privacy: I use this email for...
  8. Google One Drive

Google One Drive: My Google One Drive is full at 15GB. It tells me I cannot send or receive email because it is full. How do I move all data from Google One Drive to an external drive? How do I stop Google One Drive from syncing with anything from and to my laptop....
  9. One Drive folder and cloud

One Drive folder and cloud: What's the purpose of the OneDrive Folder on my laptop? The contents are not the same as my OneDrive in the cloud. If I put things in the folder, they stay there. I have to sign in on the cloud to have things saved there....
  10. Sharing files or folders in One drive

Sharing files or folders in One drive: How do I share a folder or file with someone else in One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-or-folders-in-one-drive/4e57f3a8-bb14-4d08-8fd2-26b52ea7c335"