Windows 10: Share apps between users

Discus and support Share apps between users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've had a bit of a look and can't find it. I got a win 10 pc for my son's for Christmas so they can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winchesterhilts, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Share apps between users

Hi
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've had a bit of a look and can't find it. I got a win 10 pc for my son's for Christmas so they can do some light gaming and homework. They both have thier own login for the pc.

My question is can I download an app/game from Windows app store once and give access to all users or does it needed to be downloaded separately for each user?

Thanks for any help guys
    Cheers

:)

Winchesterhilts, Jan 30, 2017

2. Microsoft account--How do you switch accounts on your computer?

Try Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click the user you want to switch to.

Solution for Windows 8 App Sharing

Windows 8 Tip: Share Apps Between Multiple Accounts

Smittychat., Jan 30, 2017
  3. Abel T. Win User
    How to not share programs between users

Good morning (or afternoon),

I wanted to add a second user to my account but that user would not get access to all programs I have,

is there some way to chose which programs will be shared between users?

Also some programs I have start up with the windows, if they are not shared with other user, they will not start up when that user use's the computer, right?

Abel T., Jan 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Share apps between users

Hello Winchesterhilts, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

One option you could use to do this is to sign in to their account, sign in to the Store with your Microsoft account, and install any of your apps to their account. Be sure that you click on the Sign in to just this app instead link while signing in to their Store to prevent switching their user account for Windows to your Microsoft account.

Store My Library - Install Your Apps from in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Thanks brink I'll try giving this ago. So far they've only installed roblox the browser based game. This isn't to bad as it's free and small. I suppose the way you suggest will mean when I get minecraft I'll only have to pay once but all these apps/games they want will still be downloaded at least twice and therefore take up twice as much space.

Winchesterhilts, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Share apps between users

1. Share apps between users - Similar Threads - Share apps between

2. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  3. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  4. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ubuntu Sharing between Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Sharing between Users: I have installed Ubuntu 20.x LTS from Microsoft Store in my windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, the other users on my PC may not able to access/share the Ubuntu installation. How do I share with the other users in this same machine without doing individual installation. If I...
  6. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  7. Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop: Ho w do you share all the documents between 2 different family member accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-documents-between-2-users-on-a-laptop/c57adc3b-51a5-47c3-bfc3-de3a70e7fa74
  8. sharing apps amongst users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    sharing apps amongst users: how to share my apps that are on my PC with other users on the same PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-apps-amongst-users/a36a6553-0e8e-44a3-a5ca-0df4adfd5b2d"
  9. OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help? ***Original...
  10. File sharing between users at different locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...