Windows 10: Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...

Discus and support Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a joke. Here are 2 items, one attached to MSFT 'S FLAGSHIP answer to Chrome! No matter what I do, if you try to share from EDGE to OUTLOOK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Charlie Wilson, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...

This is a joke. Here are 2 items, one attached to MSFT 'S FLAGSHIP answer to Chrome! No matter what I do, if you try to share from EDGE to OUTLOOK you have no choice. It is not in the original list, but rather simply shows MAIL as a choice, even when the default mail program has been changed. Then (possibly due to the default mail change) when you click on MAIL it asks you to select program. There is no program listed except MAIL at the top middle, but it is not clickable!

This is minor compared to the issue with Speech recognition. Cortana works near perfectly right out of the box, no training, nothing (except maybe one day the developers will understand people pause sometimes when they speak! Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since... :)) . However, 98 percent of the time, you get "WHAT WAS THAT?" with SPEECH RECOGNITION!

Now before anybody give me either a boilerplate answer, or wants to know the size of my ring finger, specifications of my computer, microphone, previous employer, favorite ice cream, and if I believe in unicorns, STOP. This is something that has been discussed for 3 years now. I studied all the posts on it and there is no correlation between the OP's. This is not a hardware issue. This is not a training issue. This is not an unknown issue, so please don't say "Golly Mister! This is the first time we have heard of this!"

I know. Different method (Cortana and Speech Rec). Different programmers. The latter is more in depth, and so on and so on. So please... Just either admit you guys have a terrible issue with SR, or RIGHT NOW, (TODAY) Start migrating cortana over to be used as speech recognition. Or REMOVE it!

This really puts EGG on your face. Why in the world would you (even if sort of buried) release it? I Just did a test. I read Cortana the paragraph above starting with "This is minor". She understood the everything. Then in the time it took to read that, I was able to get Speech Rec. to understand "This"

So please, post a fix or remove, but do not suggest all the bs that is in all the other posts. Life is already too short!

Edge issue? Simply unexusable that it has been an issue for 3 years. Expecially when both are yours. (Yes, I did goto store and allow u to install Outlook because the store did not think it was installed!! (another HOME RUN...NOT But it did upgrade it from 16. bla bla bla .2034 to 16. bla bla .2082 when <shocking> the other side (Windows update / Office Update) said it was up to date! Pretty much have tried all the blind swings you guys have offered up in all the other posts.

Bottom line? I should not have had to FIX. Why doesn't the left hand talk to the right hand over there? Is it too hard to have a master list? Say I worked there. I see a problem. It goes into the list. Every week the list is reviewed by the "group of seven" and they pick out the ones that are false, then push the other items up the ladder. Then every 2nd Tuesday of the month, they visit any open list items before reviewing the new, and make sure that they can either resolve, or remove software asset. Because each one of these "Micro Failures" add up to a bigger picture problem, and show the lack of follow through.

Thank you for taking the time to review, I was not trying to be harsh, just real. There is not enough time left for me in this vessel to beat around the bush.

Charlie

:)

Charlie Wilson, Jul 27, 2018

2. How to add Outlook to Edge 'Share' menu

Hi,

In my response posted on Jan 21st, I had inadvertently suggested that you should set the default programs, however this will not make Office Outlook to appear in the share list as rightly mentioned by Gordon in
    his post.

My apologies and I wish to correct my reply and let you know that, in the Microsoft Edge it is only the Mail App that can be used to Share and it is not possible to have Office Outlook in the list.

@Gordon – My apologies to you too and I would also wish to thank you for posting a correct response.

Anup Karkal, Jul 27, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...

Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the Search Index. The instant search feature appears to work within Outlook 2010, though. Is this by design in Windows 10? Or is there something broken on my system?

VelcroFace, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since...

1. Share EDGE to OUTLOOK / SPEECH REC BROKEN (These are 2 items that have been a problem since... - Similar Threads - Share EDGE OUTLOOK

2. Since Edge Chromium showed up on my laptop I've been having problems printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since Edge Chromium showed up on my laptop I've been having problems printing.: My printer won't print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-edge-chromium-showed-up-on-my-laptop-ive/42e458e6-5d03-495d-8ebe-7fd44904f650
  3. Since Edge Chromium showed up on my laptop I've been having problems printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since Edge Chromium showed up on my laptop I've been having problems printing.: My printer won't print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-edge-chromium-showed-up-on-my-laptop-ive/42e458e6-5d03-495d-8ebe-7fd44904f650
  4. Since Edge Chromium showed up on my laptop I've been having problems printing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ive been having this stupid Windows Problem since October.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ive been having this stupid Windows Problem since October.: It goes on like this. on the first stage it bsods that are related to my RAM sticks like IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I switched the sticks to a 2gb ddr3(both of them) because thats the only RAM i had. The problem dosent go away, it gets worst. The Second stage is the Microsoft...
  6. Shared storage been 2 devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared storage been 2 devices: Hi, First of all major disclaimer, my laptop doesn't have a screen. So, I am a game developer and i use my laptop with an external monitor to do most of my work and all of my files are stored locally on my laptop. If I want to use my brothers laptop to go work somewhere...
  7. My Face Rec is broken

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Face Rec is broken: My Windows Hello facial recognition just stopped working a few days ago. I originally thought it was an update issue but after I updated my device the problem was still continuing. I followed one of the forums and removed the face rec from my sign-in options, but when I tried...
  8. Been having this problem since yesterday.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Been having this problem since yesterday.: I had an update about yesterday and I keep getting : "SkypeBridge.exe - Bad Image C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\SplitmediaLabs\Player.meGameSource\XSplitGameSource64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using...
  9. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  10. How to remove Optional Features (text-speech, speech rec., etc)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Optional Features (text-speech, speech rec., etc)?: Hi Guys, I've just installed 1607 on a few of my machines (clean installs) and am now tweaking and cleaning up unnecessary features. All is well, apart from a few "Optional features" that don't seem to have an 'Uninstall' option, namely a bunch of text-to-speech, speech...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share with outlook from edge