Windows 10: share folders with one user only on another pc

Discus and support share folders with one user only on another pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; lets say i have two pcs A and B. workgroup and etc configured. is it possible to share a folder in B with the user \A\User3 only?! i'm going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pietro, Sep 16, 2016.

1. pietro Win User

share folders with one user only on another pc

lets say i have two pcs A and B. workgroup and etc configured.

is it possible to share a folder in B with the user \A\User3 only?!

i'm going crazy but can't find anything... thanks

:)

pietro, Sep 16, 2016

2. Share Folders with one user account to another user account in Windows 10

Hi Nancy.

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

1. Is there any error message or code while you try to share the

files?

2. Did you try sharing different file saved in different locations and face

the same issues?

Post us back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Share Folders with one user account to another user account in Windows 10

1. There is no error message.

2. No I did not try to share a different folder, I don't have any other folders saved in another location.

NancyFerguson, Sep 16, 2016
  4. pietro Win User

tried a lot, never did something like this before, really unconfortable to set. i write there as my homework *Tongue

two possibilities, pc discovering and file sharing have to be enabled...

- create a local account DUMMY (just saying), create a folder, give permissions to DUMMY only (and admins obv), share the folder, give your friend the password of DUMMY account to access the pc through network resources.
    as the folder is accessible by DUMMY account only and, then, by people having DUMMY's password you get what you want. this method is exposed to unwanted accesses if you use same account and pwds on your pcs for whatever reason...

- create a homegroup, use the sharing pane to select the microsoft account you want to exclusive share with.
    this is a one click work, but ms account can be limiting

pietro, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Whatphoeb Win User
    Whatphoeb, Sep 17, 2016
  6. pietro Win User
    pietro, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Have you looked under share permissions?

Add principal \Remote\User

Hearsepilot, Sep 18, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Create a user for those shares on the machine and when they want to connect to them, they have to use that Network Username. Otherwise get a NAS and then you can share them off of the network, not a computer. In this day and age with the price of hard drives and NAS being so cheap, there really is no need to keep documents and other things on a computer. Especially that you can end up losing them if something happens.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
  9. pietro Win User
    if you have it working, could you post a screenshot?! it gives me an error, not found or something...

obviously i don't want to spend for a nas *Biggrin it isn't cheap for home use and i have all hds with 90% free space

pietro, Sep 18, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    I have three Intel Core 2 Duo's that are sitting doing nothing that are used as NAS. All that you need is a Raspberry Pi and a USB pocket drive to act like a NAS for file sharing. As for your hard drives having space, again you have to remember that if the drive goes or you do not have a separate partition on the drive for storage, you will lose everything in the folders on the OS partition.

NAS are below $100 these days. The pi3 and a USB pocket drive can be had for under $100.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. share folders with one user only on another pc - Similar Threads - share folders user

2. Sharing a Single Folder with Another User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a Single Folder with Another User: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (21H1 - Build 19043.1052). I am trying to set up another user with access to a single folder and its subfolders on a new machine. I've shared this folder with that user by editing the share settings in Windows Explorer. When I log in as that...
  3. How to share a drive with one user from another pc locally?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to share a drive with one user from another pc locally?: Hi I have a usb drive connected to one machine. I want to be able to share that drive with one other machine so that only those 2 machines can read, write, delete, etc. from that drive. I want to do this so I can transfer files over my local network without opening up that...
  4. Sharing a File with another user on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharing a File with another user on my PC: I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a file that I want to share and I've followed the protocol for sharing using the Properties, Security, Adavaced route and...
  5. Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC

Sharing a folder on a PC with a user on another PC: I know the basics of network sharing, but it only works for me if I specify sharing with Everyone. Here are my two problems: 1. I want to share a folder on one PC with a specific person working on another PC. I get to where I have to type a name and then click Add.......
  6. Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.

Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.: This is really weird. I have 2 computers. Computer A has 1 shared folder. Computer B has 2 users. Both are administrators. But only 1 user can access the shared folder. The other user has to enter the network credentials. Also new users have no access. How is this possible?...
  7. How to share folders with a specific user on another computer

How to share folders with a specific user on another computer: I've gone through the tutorials here on how to set up share folders. Very useful. I've done a fair bit of google searching as well. There does not seem to be an answer to my question. I have some folders on my desktop PC that I have shared on my network using the "Everyone"...
  8. Two user sharing one folder

Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796
  9. Only see one folder on another PC

Only see one folder on another PC: Title pretty much says it. I can only see one folder, of many, on one of the other PCs I'm creating a mapped drive for. This has been an intermittent problem. Usually disconnect and reconnect fixes it, but not now. Any ideas? 35957
  10. Access shared folder works for one user only

Access shared folder works for one user only: I have 2 desktop computers, both running Windows 10. PC1 has a shared folder (shared to "Everyone"). PC2 has 2 users. Logging in as userA I can access the shared folder on PC1. But as userB I cannot. Both users have the same user groups: Administrators and HomeUsers. I...