Windows 10: Share My IP With A Friend

Discus and support Share My IP With A Friend in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can i do that? VPN, VLAN, Proxy would work? 51433 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Be4stElectrjc, May 25, 2016.

1. Share My IP With A Friend

How can i do that?
    VPN, VLAN, Proxy would work?

:)

Be4stElectrjc, May 25, 2016
  2. Drapinqs Win User

How Do I Change A Dynamic IP To A Static IP?

Hi. I Currently Am Running A MineCraft Server. But, When My Friends Ask For The IP, It Changes Everyday. So I Asked My Friend What To Do And He Said I Have A "Dynamic IP" And I Should Change It To A "Static IP". Sooo, What Do I Do?

Drapinqs, May 25, 2016
  3. pudu---01 Win User
    Internet problems with Nokia 2730 classic

Ahhh.....

It seems your personal config is not accepted by your network.

Access point?

Port number?

Ip?

Proxy?

Hope all those settings entered correctly as given by operator.

Presently, same model is not with me but will be back with more detail once i check my friend's phone

Hope someone with orange subscriber will share thier experience with more detail

Pudu

pudu---01, May 25, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Share My IP With A Friend

Hi there

Why not buy a small USB powered Router -- then you can have a private wifi network --I find these boxes useful in Hotels etc where normally you can only connect ONE device from the Room Lan / Wifi system and I want two laptops or laptop and phone etc.

Plug into a USB slot on your computer and set the SSID and password -- then your friend can log in too. Note this doesn't compromise YOUR computer's security - it simply acts as a private wifi network.

Here's a selection

6 new travel routers reviewed

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  5. We live in the same city, but we have many km between us. Have a service based on my IP and want to share it with him.

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Then it won't be possible -- as he would have to logon to the internet in the first place.

(Strictly speaking not quite true - but you'd have to go back to "Dinosaur Technology" -- He could Dial in with a modem to your PC but the cost of phone plus slowness of connections would be far more expensive than paying for two ISP subscriptions in the first place, Even if you did it via mobile the data roaming costs would make this not a good option).

Of course you could create SERVER type applications on your computer that could be accessible --that's a different issue though.

Look at WAMP (Windows) or LAMP (Linux) for creating simple servers -- remember though to ensure any server application is SECURE.

WampServer, la plate-forme de développement Web sous Windows - Apache, MySQL, PHP

LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) HOWTO: Installing MySQL and Apache with PHP support on Linux

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  7. Once created a server here, this should change his external IP Address?
    But if we are in VLAN, doesn't his external IP Address should be the same as mine?
    I have already XAMPP ready to use in my PC.

8. jimbo45 Win User

No -- as he'd still use HIS connection to logon to your system in the first place. Of course after that any browsing etc activities would be logged under your servers IP address but his connection would be the primary one -- if that gets disconnected then he loses connection to your server.

If he really wants to HIDE his IP address then the most secure way is to use the Tor Browser. That's how a lot of people access blocked sites etc.

Tor Browser

However this is getting into murky areas here so you are on your own on this.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  9. We aren't talking about hide his IP Address. He can't use the service if he hasn't my IP.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    as I said any Internet activities would be logged under your servers IP address but his would still be the primary IP address as that is needed to create the original connection --without that -- no service !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 25, 2016
  11. No way then, thanks.
    Waiting if someone has other ideas to share.

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Share My IP With A Friend - Similar Threads - Share Friend

2. Sharing files with friend email invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing files with friend email invalid: I am trying to share some files with a friend using OneDrive, his email is @yahoo.com. However, OD is telling me that the email is invalid. It is added to the list of To: successfully, but fails to validate over Send....
  3. Sharing files with friend email invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing files with friend email invalid: I am trying to share some files with a friend using OneDrive, his email is @yahoo.com. However, OD is telling me that the email is invalid. It is added to the list of To: successfully, but fails to validate over Send....
  4. Sharing files with friend email invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I share a used product key with my friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I share a used product key with my friend: can I share a used product key with my friend? PS thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-share-a-used-product-key-with-my-friend/c1056540-d991-41d8-879e-d7640a160efd
  6. can I share a used product key with my friend

can I share a used product key with my friend: can I share a used product key with my friend? PS thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-share-a-used-product-key-with-my-friend/c1056540-d991-41d8-879e-d7640a160efd
  7. can I share a used product key with my friend

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Ownership name of files, will it carry over when i share a file with my friend ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership name of files, will it carry over when i share a file with my friend ?: HelloIf you right click example an image of a dog.jpg and go into properties and Detail and scroll all the way to the bottom of the popup windows then you see it say something like "owner desktop-123456789 "If i send this file with an e-mail to my friend will my computers...
  9. Ownership name of files, will it carry over when i share a file with my friend ?

Ownership name of files, will it carry over when i share a file with my friend ?: HelloIf you right click example an image of a dog.jpg and go into properties and Detail and scroll all the way to the bottom of the popup windows then you see it say something like "owner desktop-123456789 "If i send this file with an e-mail to my friend will my computers...
  10. Sharing 4K videos with family and friends

Sharing 4K videos with family and friends: I remember in the 80's and 90's when one wanted to share a home video with family and friends he would connect the camera to a VHS recorder to create a copy to tape. A little before the end of the century he would create a copy on DVD to share. For high definition video he...