Windows 10: Share, Sync & BackUp among gadgets

Discus and support Share, Sync & BackUp among gadgets in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have a Windows 10 Laptop, Android phone, Windows phone and an iPad. I would like to have a couple of selected folders that must remain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016.

1. MeOnWeb Win User

Share, Sync & BackUp among gadgets

Hello Guys,

I have a Windows 10 Laptop, Android phone, Windows phone and an iPad. I would like to have a couple of selected folders that must remain in SYNC on ALL devices. Then a few folders on each of my mobile devices to be backed up on my laptop. Is there a way to achieve this using my WiFi (LAN) WITHOUT using Internet. I am aware of cloud storage solutions and we can rule them out. I need to get this to work with Free softwares that use just my WiFi router (without Internet) and to AUTOMATE this process. I don't mind if the iPad is left out for this. No cables, no internet, please.

Thanks for your help.

:)

MeOnWeb, Jan 18, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

WP 8.1 Not Restoring All SMS Messages

There is no SMS "backup". whatever is stored online is synced to all devices connected to it. if you delete the synced messages, they'll also be deleted from connected devices.

the purpose of the online SMS storage is to keep a constant record of SMS messages to be shared among all devices connected to the account (so that they all show the same messages). It is not a part of the device backup that happens periodically.

3. OlympiaG Win User
    Microsoft Gadget

Thank you Anil,

I've read the link on GADGETS & it's quite instructive.

The GADGETS appeared today among apps awaiting my attention to download, & I

promptly removed it.

I don't know if it has caused any harm, but my SIM 2 isn't picking network signal.

Please do you have any idea how I can make SIM 2 work? It lights up briefly when I do HARD RESET, but after few hours it switches off.

OlympiaG, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

Share, Sync & BackUp among gadgets

1. Share, Sync & BackUp among gadgets - Similar Threads - Share Sync BackUp

2. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  3. Syncing Windows 10 setting among three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing Windows 10 setting among three computers: Syncing Windows computers is a topic that appears a great many times in these forums, but the issues never seem to get resolved. For example, I have two desktop computers and one laptop computer all running Windows 10 Pro. I would like them to all have the same background,...
  4. Syncing Windows 10 setting among three computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Windows 10 setting among three computers: Syncing Windows computers is a topic that appears a great many times in these forums, but the issues never seem to get resolved. For example, I have two desktop computers and one laptop computer all running Windows 10 Pro. I would like them to all have the same background,...
  5. Backup/sync problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup/sync problems: backup and sync never completes the whole backup. do I need to keep computer running for several days to complete backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backupsync-problems/4f49dda3-1abd-477d-a0bb-edbbce4f76b0
  6. Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Sync: Backup and sync is not working with the Microsoft photo app. The problem is somewhat random in that it syncs unedited photos, but not the edited versions. (This problem does not go with any of the offered topics)....
  7. Auto backup and sync

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Auto backup and sync: HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC. Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer...
  8. Auto backup and sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto backup and sync: HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC. Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer...
  9. .gadgets

in Windows 10 Customization
    .gadgets: Reinstalled Windows 10 also installed bitdefender internet security 2019 ( two days deleted) now have gadgets installed clicked on small icons and uninstalled them put still have space when I right click desk t.op that says gadgets. went to "turn windows features on off"no...
  10. Gadgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gadgets: Are Gadgets still available in Windows 10? I found out that the 2 folders where Gadgets were stored in 7, are still in 10: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for ALL users C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for specified...