Windows 10: Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time

Discus and support Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I try to share a website using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge, the first time I try the Mail App window opens, stays blank, and does nothing else.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by garyb0125, Dec 15, 2017.

1. garyb0125 Win User

Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time

When I try to share a website using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge, the first time I try the Mail App window opens, stays blank, and does nothing else. The second time I try to share the email completes and I'm able to send. I then try to share another site with the Mail App, and once again it hangs with an open Mail Window. Again, trying it a second time it seems to be successful. I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this lately, and if anyone has come up with a solution/work-a-round. Thanks.

:)

garyb0125, Dec 15, 2017
  2. DaveM-61 Win User

Windows 10 Apps are not working

Troubles since Windows 10 update:

Mail app no longer works.

Edge only works about half the time.

Computer seems slow.

Tried to download the trouble shooter. no luck.

DaveM-61, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Katypi3 Win User
    Share using Microsoft Edge

Hi,

I have Mail installed. Facebook is working now but still can't share via Mail. Can you advise how to do this?

Katypi3, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time

I have the same experience on a Win 10 32bit FCU (although I have had this problem on every since the original CU). I have also found that when it fails, the email is actually waiting in the Drafts folder in Mail. I haven't had time to look for a solution, but I had planned on logging out of the connected email accounts then reinstalling the Mail & Calendar app. If I get to this sometime this week I'll let you know what I find.

Hard Wired, Dec 16, 2017
  5. garyb0125 Win User
    Thanks. I'll look forward to hopefully hearing back from you. Just fyi, I've uninstalled accounts and reinstalled the Mail/Calendar/People apps, but to no avail. I did discover something new just yesterday....I added a second account to the Mail App, and now when I click Share and then the Mail App, it opens a window asking me which email account I want to share from. I then select my main account and it goes consistently to the email with with no problem. Not sure why that helps, but I thought I'd pass this information on.

garyb0125, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time

1. Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time - Similar Threads - Share using Mail

2. Facebook app uses Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook app uses Microsoft Edge!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've downloaded Facebook app from Microsoft Store, it uses Microsoft Edge and I want it to use Google Chrome. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app-uses-microsoft-edge/80725ea0-c3d3-43de-befd-ddf45a9d9de9
  3. Facebook app uses Microsoft Edge!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook app uses Microsoft Edge!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've downloaded Facebook app from Microsoft Store, it uses Microsoft Edge and I want it to use Google Chrome. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app-uses-microsoft-edge/80725ea0-c3d3-43de-befd-ddf45a9d9de9
  4. Facebook app uses Microsoft Edge!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. About Microsoft Edge

About Microsoft Edge: Hello, I DON`T WANT WORK OR UPDATE MICROSOFT EDGE! THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM FOR ME. PLEASE, HELP ME TO NOT UPDATE THIS ONE! I AM VERY SORRY,BUT I CAN`T ACCEPT THIS PROGRAM, BECAUSE OF THAT; 1. I CAN`T USE SKYPE, I CAN`T UPDATE APP STORE, WHATSAPP and on PRINCIPLE I CAN`T...
  6. Windows mail app crashes when using Edge share feature

Windows mail app crashes when using Edge share feature: I use the “share” feature of the Edge browser to mail links to other people. My mail is Windows mail app. The mail app uses outlook.com msn.com mail address. I do not have the outlook app on my computer. After one or two shares, the Windows mail app crashes and this...
  7. Microsoft Mail App and Shared Experiences Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Mail App and Shared Experiences Issue: Greetings. I received a notification, telling me that one of my Microsoft accounts needed "fixing" in the Shared Experiences section of the Settings app. When I attempt to use the "Fix Now" button, a pop-up window appears as it has done in the past and I see the revolving...
  8. Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working

Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working: Running Windows 10 on HP Spectre 360 When I want to share an article in Microsoft News there is a Share button with several options. The option for "Mail" does not seem to work. When I click on it it asks which of the below listed Mail accounts I want to use - and then the...
  9. about microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about microsoft edge: good day. i am suppose or planning to make microsoft edge as my default browser however there is a very big problem i encountered with edge that is i cannot play msn videos normally to which i can only hear the sound without the video to see on the other hand when i go to...
  10. Browsing ONLY (not mail) stops working about half hour after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing ONLY (not mail) stops working about half hour after reboot: This is about a laptop running Windows 10 that my wife uses only on trips. So this morning, I turned it on and Windows installed the 1703 update. Then I got some weird message about Norton firewall "expired" and so Windows Defender firewall was turned on. I updated Norton...