Windows 10: Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs

Discus and support Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't access my laptop which is using a Microsoft account from my Desktop using a local account. Both running Windows 10 Pro X64. I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ztruker, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs

I can't access my laptop which is using a Microsoft account from my Desktop using a local account. Both running Windows 10 Pro X64.

I'm using workgroup, not homegroup.

I know I've read of people making this work but I'm not having any luck finding those threads now so can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can go the other way with no problem, from the MS account on the laptop to the local account on the desktiop.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 14, 2015

2. Networking Win10 with Win7

Both are members of the same Workgroup. Everything enabled but networking between the two is now a no go.

The thing seemed to work most of the time when I was running Win8.1 but since the upgrade it's a no go. Network discovery, etc all turned on - both machines. Password protection turned off - both machines. Sharing is set to Everyone, Administrator, Administrators
    - full control.

Have tried everything to no avail and believe the homegroup between Win10 and 7 is now apparently no go.

The Win10 machine can see the Win7 machine on the network but cannot access the files - 'Windows cannot access \\xxxxxx. Error code 0x80070035 - The network path was not found

The Win7 machine cannot see the Win10 machine.

I use a MS account but in trying to sort I did revert to a Local Account - no go. So now back with the MS account.

Also, the shared laser printer running from a USB cable worked fine via the Win7 machine.

I can see my wife's laptop and shared files - she's using Win7 Pro. So the wi-fi element between my laptop and her laptop seems to be working okay but my main PC running Win7 via an ethernet cable to the router is a no go.

Also, my main PC running Win7 can also access the shared files on my wife's laptop. Certainly something weird here but probably very basic as well.

martynbromley, Sep 14, 2015
  3. error 0x80070035

Hi

I have 4 computer that are connected via 8-port switch and 4-port ADSL modem (network-workgroup) two laptop run windows 10 & PC's run win7. i cannot access to share folder on PC's by my laptops also cannot use share printer on one laptop. I do anythings
    but don't get result. ping between devices are Ok. what shall I do?

mohammad hamidfaridzadegan, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Fixed it though it's totally backward as far as I can see.

Went into Settings, Network & Internet, Change advanced sharing options, All networks and selected

Turn off password protected sharing

on the Desktop. It was already off on the Laptop. Now I can access folders and files in both directions via the workgroup.

Ztruker, Sep 14, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    For some reason, Microsoft has made it so that you have to map a share.

bro67, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No, I'm not mapping anything. I just browse to any of my shares via Network or This PC as I did with XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs - Similar Threads - Share via workgroup

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...: Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a way to create a folder on M that can be shared out so that L can access it?M is my "master" machine, for all my production...
  4. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...: Hello,I have two computers: one that logs into my MS account, call it machine 'M'. The other machine uses a local account only, call it 'L'.Is there a way to create a folder on M that can be shared out so that L can access it?M is my "master" machine, for all my production...
  5. Help: How to create a shared folder between two a local account machine and a MS Account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Folder sharing between two pcs on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between two pcs on same network: Hi, This may be a stupid question to ask my apologise if so. I know how to share one folder between two computers what I do not know if there is a way to share more than one folder to the same mapped drive? For example share Documents and Pictures in the same mapped drive...
  7. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  8. Not able to do workgroup-based sharing between Win10 PCs

Not able to do workgroup-based sharing between Win10 PCs: History: Have a Win8.1 desktop that I have been using as a "file-server" by sharing the drives as read (for Everyone) and sharing a folder on each drive as Read/Write (for Everyone). This has been working fine -- after I manually added NETWORK to the security and sharing...
  9. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...
  10. Workgroup shares Windows ID versus Local Accounts

Workgroup shares Windows ID versus Local Accounts: I have so far avoided using Windows ID login (except on a sacrificial VM I use for Windows Insider(*)) as I can no longer access the SMB shares that I have set up. Is there any way for the two to co-exist? I can't get my head round using SMB shares and NTFS permissions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Share via workgroup between local and MS account on two PCs