Windows 10: Shared folders access problems after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Shared folders access problems after upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small network of 5 computers, one of them acting as 'server' to share a folder. This 'server's mapped folder was previously fully accessible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rmk9785e, Jun 1, 2016.

1. rmk9785e Win User

Shared folders access problems after upgrade to Windows 10

I have a small network of 5 computers, one of them acting as 'server' to share a folder. This 'server's mapped folder was previously fully accessible to the other computers (Windows 7 Home and Windows 10 Home). Yesterday, I upgraded the 'server' to Windows 10 Pro. Since that time, Windows 10 computers are having difficulty accessing that folder. They are prompting for a username/password (which they previously did not do) and they're not accepting any credentials. (picture attached). What is strange is that it using the current PC as the Domain and still does not accept local user passwords.

I tried setting up new shares but even that asks for credentials and then fails with the same error. Windows 7 computers have no problem accessing that mapped drive.

Help me please!

:)

rmk9785e, Jun 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 documents

After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 I cannot access certain document folders. I can access what was in the My Document folders but the Shared Documents folder seems to have disappeared. How do I access these documents?

Bob Maddick, Jun 1, 2016
  3. EdRarick Win User
    Cannot see other computers other than my own on the network - Windows 10

We have the same problem at our church. Every computer that has been upgraded to Windows 10 or purchased new with Win 10 is now not visible under the Network folder. We can access them by their network path name. Our problem continues because in many
    cases we cannot even access shared folders on one of the network computers. For example, on the Sanctuary computer we share a folder in Public Documents. All share permissions are set to Everyone. When we try to access that shared folder from one of the
    other Win 10 computers we are denied and no user name and password combination works.

EdRarick, Jun 1, 2016
Thema:

Shared folders access problems after upgrade to Windows 10

1. Shared folders access problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shared folders access

2. Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello Everyone. First of all, how my ethernet is configured. 1 router connected to the internet. 1 desktop pc (W10 pro, x64) connected through LAN to the router. 2 android devices connected through wifi, 1 of them a tablet, over 5ghz band and the other a smartphone, over...
  3. No access to the shared folder

No access to the shared folder: Hi all, I have an issue with the shared folders. I did share a few folders from my PC, but they are not visible either from my laptop or streamer Dune HD base. I do see that the folders are shared when I check their status in the "Properties". In addition, I do see that the...
  4. Shared folder not accessible

Shared folder not accessible: I was trying to access a shared folder from my laptop on my PC (Both are running Windows 10) when it told me that he couldn't connect to it. Diagnostics say that there might be something wrong with the DNS-Server. I also tried pinging the PC and it worked perfectly. The...
  5. Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent

Windows 10 Access to Shared folder intermittent: Good Day I am having an issue where 1 laptop out of 30 is not working like it should after the March update, the laptop on someday's will start and you can access shared folders instantly but for only about 3 hours then you have to restart to view them again, some days a...
  6. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  7. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  8. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  9. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...
  10. Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format

Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format: Hey guys, this one has me stumped. I have a network of 4 pc's in my house. My main PC that has all my media failed and required a format. After fixing it all, re-joining it to the homegroup I receive this message (pic attached) when trying to access all my media on any...