Windows 10: Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android

Discus and support Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my shared folders from internal HDD are accessible from my android phone via es file explorer (latest version). But all of my shared folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mike75, Jan 4, 2018.

1. mike75 Win User

Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android

All of my shared folders from internal HDD are accessible from my android phone via es file explorer (latest version).
    But all of my shared folders from external HDD Folders visible but NOT accessible!

I'm really out of ideas.
    I have already tried removing workgroup. Also checked the shared properties of the folder in the external HDD and "everyone" is there. "Everyone" is also present in the Security.

Please help! *cry

:)

mike75, Jan 4, 2018

2. cannot open shared folder on android

I am running a win 10 tablet with an external hard drive connected via usb to the tablet.

I have shared two folders on the external drive with everyone

on a separate surface tablet running w10 i can see and access the shared folder

what i really want to do is access the shared folder using an Android

I use ES Explorer on the Android to access a media player also other usb sticks attached to my router

If i scan the network ES Explorer finds the W10 pc correctly with the correct ip address... if i double click it it seems to goto open the folder

but then reverts back to es explorer scan window.... its like something is blocking the access...

I have even disabled the antivirus in case but makes no fifference.... ive switched on media sharing and network sharing

what else can i do???

george

georgeszubinskime, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Chasbob Win User
    Access to files on external HDD

I recently bought a new Windows 10 computer. I already have an external HDD with my photos on. To migrate my other data (e.g. Office docs etc) from the C: drive on my old XP computer I copied the relevant folders to the external HDD. I intend to copy this
    data to an internal HDD on my new computer, but before doing so I am deleting files that I no longer require. I am signed in with an administrator account on my new computer, but every time I try to delete or move a file or folder on the external HDD, a dialog
    box pops up asking for administrator permission. Clicking 'Yes' enables me to delete or move the file/folder, but this is clearly laborious. Inspecting the properties of files/folders on the external HDD, I see that every file and folder has a blue/yellow
    shield against Rename and Delete.

Is there a way that that I can simply update the permissions on all files/folders on the external HDD to give full access to my administrator account, so that I can move/delete files without needing to give permission every time.

Note - At the end of the day I want to move the Office docs etc to an internal HDD on my new computer but leave the photos on the external HDD. But I want my administrator account to have full access to both types of file.

Chasbob, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

most windows networking REQUIRES a password for security, set one for the share on the HDD AND use it ! normally you only need to do this once when connecting for the 1st time....

You may have to change the Permissions on the Share too , it seems Win10 now sets them up as Read Only , so yu need to click on the Permissions tab and check Full Control.

not sure what you mean by "removed workgroup" ? you can name it anything you want ( ie Mike75) but you NEED the Workgroup so all computers on the network can see each other...they must ALL be in the same workgroup.

KB

Kbird, Jan 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Shared Folders from External HDD Folders Not Accessible in Android - Similar Threads - Shared Folders External

2. Bugged folder on external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged folder on external HDD: One of my folders on my external HDD randomly got the 'hidden' property. When I noticed this and tried to change it, I got an error saying the parameter is incorrect. I then cut and paste all my files in the folder into another one. When attempting to delete the old empty...
  3. Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot move/copy folders from External HDD to External HDD.: [ATTACH] After starting the move/copy of the given folder, the explorer starts calculating but instead of starting the process, quickly completes (animates 0% to 100% complete) but the folder did not get moved or copied. Happens when trying to move/copy folders larger then...
  4. Android app (VLC) can't access Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Android app (VLC) can't access Shared Folder: I 'm trying to give VLC app, access to a Shared Windows Pc Folder (SMB Protocol) but I haven't sort it out so far. The app connects to the Network, sees the Shared Folder (-----SHARED-----) but it can't open it. Although password protected sharing is off, VLC keeps asking me...
  5. No access to the shared folder

No access to the shared folder: Hi all, I have an issue with the shared folders. I did share a few folders from my PC, but they are not visible either from my laptop or streamer Dune HD base. I do see that the folders are shared when I check their status in the "Properties". In addition, I do see that the...
  6. share folder and access from tv

share folder and access from tv: hi, i want to share a folder on my network and have access from my tv. i have set the sharing options like on the images below. then i go to the folder and i give access to everyone, but i cant see the folder from the tv. can anyone help me?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Shared folder not accessible

Shared folder not accessible: I was trying to access a shared folder from my laptop on my PC (Both are running Windows 10) when it told me that he couldn't connect to it. Diagnostics say that there might be something wrong with the DNS-Server. I also tried pinging the PC and it worked perfectly. The...
  8. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  9. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...
  10. Can’t access shared folder on secondary HDD

Can’t access shared folder on secondary HDD: So for some odd reason, I always get an error message when another computer tries to access my shared folder on my secondary HDD (D: drive). (You do not have permission to access (share). Contact your network administrator to request access. The permissions are set properly....