Windows 10: Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update

Discus and support Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Firstly, I am not an expert -or anywhere near it- when attempting to diagnose OS issues, so any responses with technical instructions will most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gkar, Jul 12, 2017.

1. gkar Win User

Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update

Hello,
    Firstly, I am not an expert -or anywhere near it- when attempting to diagnose OS issues, so any responses with technical instructions will most likely go over my head.

Since I updated my HTPC with the latest W10 update -'Feature Update to Windows 10, 1703'- I have been unable to connect it to 2 computers on my LAN. The LAN architecture is as follows:

Modem router (TP Link ADSL)>ArcherC5 (AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Router) -all other connections through C5:
    >1) Desktop PC wired to C5 router -w10Pro
    >2) Bedroom HTPC (Asus Beebox SFF box) wireless to C5 router on 5GHz -W10Home
    >3) HTPC (one with issues) wired to C5 router -W10Home

Both 2 & 3 PCs can connect to each other, both via shared folders & Homegroup. But not to PC 1.
    I can ping PC 1 from PC 2 & 3, but any connection is not visible within File Explorer. Also, can ping from any PC to any other. PCs 2 & 3 are on static LAN IP addresses. I tried using automatic IP address, but no-go. The internet connectivity has NEVER been an issue.

I tried releasing & renewing the ipconfig on the pc3. But am unable as 'The operation failed as no adaptor is in a state permissable for this operation'. What that means I have not checked, as I don't know if I am proceding down the proper diagnostics path.

I have tried other posted ideas, on this forum section -https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34589-network-devices-not-showing-file-explorer.html- as well as other possibilities.

I tried resolving it using the 'incoming connections' troubleshooter & got the following: 'More than one device is performing Network address translation (NAT)', from PCs 1 & 3. Not sure about PC 2. Don't see how this could be cause, as I've never adjusted settings on desktop rig -PC 1.

Also tried creating a new Homegroup from PC 1, but the other 2 PCs could not recognise it

That is about the extent of my ability. Don't know what else to, apart from reinstalling the True Image backup from just prior to the update, which I am about ready to do, if nothing else presents itself in the near future.

Any & all dummied-down ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site.

:)

2. MihaiVlad Win User

Folder Share

Hi, i have 2 computers connected to the same lan network, from yesterday i cannot acces the shared folder on the PC1 , the message is :

"you can't acces this shared folder because your organisation's security policies block unauthenticated guest acces. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious devices on the network "

What's the problem ?

Thanks

MihaiVlad, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Slideshow not working

I appreciate your script suggestions, but I think the issue I am seeing is a bug relating to finding JPGs on a server folder on my LAN. I don't think i have any missing or corrupted files.

If I browse to that folder on that server, it sees the JPGs, and the slideshow works fine . When I BROWSE to that shared folder from my laptop on my LAN, the problem shows itself.

Before trying your suggestion, I will wait until I have received my November Update. BTW, the N.U. was trying to install yesterday, but failed.

So now I'm still on 10240 and waiting for the update to try again.

Thanks.

DieterKurtz, Jul 12, 2017
  4. gkar Win User

Seeing as how this issue had presented itself, & I am off work recovering from surgery, I thought I would take the opportunity to give my PC area a major spring-clean. It was on my to-do list for some time.

I totally disconnected the entire system, relocating my TP-Link W8960N modem & Archer C5 router to higher positions, in an effort to gain whatever wireless signal, to my bedroom HTPC I could. After reconnecting all devices & cables, guess what, I now have bi-lateral connection between all 3 PCs. The only thing I did was logon to the wireless modem & disable that component of the device.

I don't know what could have resolved the issue, but it is resolved. If anyone could suggest a reason why it rectified itself I would love to know.

Thema:

1. Shared Folders LAN Issue, on 1 PC, Since Yesterday's W10 Update - Similar Threads - Shared Folders LAN

2. Can not scroll picture folders since yesterday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not scroll picture folders since yesterday: Scrolling on pictures out x1 day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-scroll-picture-folders-since-yesterday/87143eb9-cdf8-4048-93b6-b1db79d9d362
  3. Can not scroll picture folders since yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not scroll picture folders since yesterday: Scrolling on pictures out x1 day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-scroll-picture-folders-since-yesterday/87143eb9-cdf8-4048-93b6-b1db79d9d362
  4. Can not scroll picture folders since yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [LAN] - How to share a map with only 1 or 2 other pc's?: I have the following situation: - Main PC - Home Server PC (for media files and backup purpose) - HTPC PC (in the living room) - Synology NAS - 2nd PC (for just in case) - 3th PC for backup files I want to share the files on the Home Server PC for just ONLY my own (main) PC...
  6. Sharing a folder on home private LAN

Sharing a folder on home private LAN: On my private LAN I want to share documents on system A with system B. System A's File Explorer shows that the Network folder displays both systems listed first is system B - as DESKTOP-FLKD0I5, then system A as DESKTOP-NG6EJEC. That's all. In system A's File Explorer I...
  7. Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/purezen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ict0n5/unable_to_connect_to_w10_shared_folder_on_other/
  8. Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.

Since 1903 only 1 PC on LAN cannot get to Internet. LAN okay Internet no good.: Hi, Since the Win 1903 I am having troubles with 1 PC on the LAN/ All other xcan make network but this on DELL T7500 will male all LAN but no Internet. It shows Gateway as 192.168.20.252 instead of the correct 192.168.20.1. It's own IP is 192.168.20.15 Have dome all the...
  9. W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares: Hi there Anybody got a solution to this I have a LAN with various computers of different OS'es sharing HDD's. If I just leave them idling (i.e nothing running - no sleep / Hibernate / HDD disconnects etc) I find if I try and connect to a SHARE FROM or TO a W10 machine...
  10. Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10

Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10: Hello. I have an older PC (Phenom 1, crappy nForce chipset) that was running slow under Win7. I have installed Win10 from scratch (x64) and it's running better but when trying to access some shared folders with another Win10 computer, it takes a long time and it usually...