Windows 10: Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

Discus and support Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John of Leiden, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the Explorer however, only some of my shared folders are visible. And I cannot access the other folders from other computers in my network. To make it even more frustrating, on the same external hdd some folders may be accessed in the Homegroup, and others not, even though I have gone through the exactly same motions with all these folders when sharing them. I would appreciate any and all suggestions and help to solve this problem!

:)

John of Leiden, Oct 25, 2016

2. Homegroup does not work following most recent update (on June 6)

There are two computers in our Homegroup and Network at work. Following the update to both systems' Windows 10 completed on June 6 the Homegroup and Network is not operational. The computers are not visible or available. This ONLY started after the update.
    What can be done to allow shared disk access?

Les

Rector St. Johns, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Bazsl1 Win User
    The folder cannot be shared?

I have a three computer home network with a homegroup. All computers are running Windows 10 Pro. If I share a subfolder under My Documents with the homegroup I get an error stating that the folder cannot be shared. How do I fix this?

FWIW, I can share the folder using Advanced Sharing Options but I cannot share it with the homegroup. Thanks for any help.

Bazsl1, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

1. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup - Similar Threads - Shared network folders

2. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  3. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  4. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  6. Windows 10 Network Folder Share

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Network Folder Share: I want to share a folder named 'TV & Film' to anyone who connects to my network. Right now, it works as the PC shows up on other computers however, it still requests a login and password for some reason. In network & sharing centre advanced settings, I've changed...
  7. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  8. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  9. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  10. Network shares no longer visible in Explorer

Network shares no longer visible in Explorer: I have two machines: a laptop (Zebedee) and a desktop (Dougal). A couple of days ago I found that the network shares from both machines were no longer visible in Explorer on either machine. I noticed this after Zebedee (but not Dougal) had been upgraded to Windows 10 version...