Windows 10: SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...

Discus and support SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1/2 half of our computers all configured the same running Office 2016 can no longer see "Edit in Datasheet" for Sharepoint 2003 under "Actions" All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sean Rager, Jul 16, 2018.

1. SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...

1/2 half of our computers all configured the same running Office 2016 can no longer see "Edit in Datasheet" for Sharepoint 2003 under "Actions" All that is available now is "Export to Spreadsheet" "View RSS Feed" and "Alert Me" We desperately need Edit in Datasheet. How can we get this view back in IE11 or Edge?

:)

Sean Rager, Jul 16, 2018
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jul 16, 2018
  3. SharePoint List Data View crashes IE

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the SharePoint websites on Internet Explorer browser. We will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to add the website under trusted sites in Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools/ Settings at the right top corner of the window.
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click Trusted sites
    • Click Sites
    • Click on Add this website to the zone to add the site.

Step 2: Change the developer tools to IE 10.

• Open Internet Explorer, access SharePoint 2013
      website.
    • Press F12 key from the keyboard, click on Emulation
      tab, select Internet Explorer 10 and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2018
  4. SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...

compatibility view

Hi Alvin,

To turn off Compatibility View, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the gear icon found at the upper right hand corner of your page.
    • Select Compatibility View settings.
    • Uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View, and
      Use Microsoft Compatibility list
    • If you see the website added on Websites you've added to Compatibility view:, click on the website and then select
      Remove.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018...

1. SharePoint Compatibility View Settings no longer work on 1/2 of desktops after July 5 2018... - Similar Threads - SharePoint Compatibility View

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  4. Screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July: My screen is freezing for 1-2 seconds every 5 min after latest Windows update from July. I encounter the problems when I am playing films or working in 3D programs, Adobe, Google - everything. Offline, online doesn't matter. Problems started after following updates:...
  5. Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop 1 + Desktop 2 taskbar setting issue: How do i unlock this taskbar setting for swtiching between desktops with separate icons? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/overdrived_mind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lza967/desktop_1_desktop_2_taskbar_setting_issue/
  6. task view no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view no longer works: task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-no-longer-works/e1e354d7-e254-4699-9743-4f68e9e505a6
  7. Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018: [ATTACH] https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10s-october-update-redstone-5-will-be-released-on-october-2nd/ It would be a good idea to make a system image before it installs. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree...
  8. no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update: after the july 2018 update i have no sound from my speakers. tried to trouble shoot and update drivers but they seem to be working fine. Please help!!!!...
  9. Mail app after update July 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app after update July 2018: Anyone has any ideas: Mail app became nonfunctioinal (gmail could neither write nor receive email after a complete windows 10 re-install this continued but now another email account that I have in Outlook 2013 magically appeared in the mail app and could actually send but...
  10. Two suggestions for Microsoft Authenticator app (July 5, 2018)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two suggestions for Microsoft Authenticator app (July 5, 2018): In addition to Touch ID on my iPhone 6s, I think my Microsoft account will be even more secure if I had to enter a four-letter code like TDEV or GSHK into the app rather than tap on one of three number choices displayed on my Inspiron when I try to log in, just like Yahoo!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compatibility view settings in sharepoint

2. sharepoint compatibility view settings