Windows 10: Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063

Discus and support Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop and desktop that have both been upgraded to Win10 Pro build 15063.138. The desktop has half a dozen folders shared so that the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickJP, Apr 16, 2017.

1. NickJP Win User

Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063

I have a laptop and desktop that have both been upgraded to Win10 Pro build 15063.138. The desktop has half a dozen folders shared so that the laptop can access them. Sharing was working without any problem prior to the upgrade, but after upgrading the machines to this latest build, the laptop can no longer see either the desktop machine or the shares when browsing Network in Windows Explorer after being booted. When I check on the desktop machine, the folders are still being shared, and if I explicitly enter the path to one of the shares in the Windows Explorer Quick Access field on the laptop (i.e. \\<desktop-name>\<share-name>), then the desktop and all the shares become visible under Network in the left-hand Explorer pane and can all be accessed.

I've attached a screenshot from Windows Explorer on the laptop, showing that even after I've explicitly made the desktop machine and shares visible under Network in the left-hand pane, the desktop machine is still not showing up in the right-hand pane.

Any ideas on this?

Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063 [​IMG]

:)

NickJP, Apr 16, 2017

2. Windows Upgrade from 15063 to 16275

Hi,

I have a system with 15063 Build and i wants to upgrade the same to latest 16275 Build.

How can i upgrade the Build from 15063 to 16275?

SaravananManikkavasagam, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Kiwi_son Win User
    Cortana does not translate

I have already shared my build number in the question: 15063

Kiwi_son, Apr 16, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Try re-setting router and re-booting as many machines on the network as possible --it's quite possible that even something like a smart phone or TV is using an IP address that you previously had for your computer.

I've upgraded to CU edition (1703) and have absolutely no problems at all with connections both to and from all machines in my network.

If the re-boot and router reset doesn't work try installing updates - there area few for CU edition --seems to have fixed a load of network problems --at least in my case (Windows 10 X-64 pro en-GB build 1703).

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 16, 2017
  5. NickJP Win User
    Thanks, but the problem is none of these. As I also use it as a media server, the desktop machine has a static IP address that is outside the DHCP address range that the router allocates, and I can access it as a media server without any problem. It's only the Windows network shares that are showing a problem.

The router automatically reboots 3am every Sunday, and the desktop and laptop machines are powered down every evening, and the problem has persisted across the last reboot of the router and the last several reboots of the Win10 machines.

Windows Update doesn't find any updates available for either the desktop or laptop machines.

NickJP, Apr 16, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shares no longer automatically visible after upgrade to build 15063 - Similar Threads - Shares longer automatically

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  4. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  5. Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063: Every few months my Toshiba Satellite L870-14X laptop fails to update. I leave it to run all night (usually for 10 hours), restart it a few times and then it "reverts back to previous build". Should I be concerned? The main issue is the the laptop is out of action for so...
  6. Aeroglass now released for build 15063

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aeroglass now released for build 15063: A trial version's been out for quite a while, but now there's an official release. Aero Glass for Win8+ It's taken a long time, and soon we'll have the Fall/Autumn upgrade... which probably means a few more months delay. But if you want [img] [img] (just look...
  7. Network shares no longer visible in Explorer

Network shares no longer visible in Explorer: I have two machines: a laptop (Zebedee) and a desktop (Dougal). A couple of days ago I found that the network shares from both machines were no longer visible in Explorer on either machine. I noticed this after Zebedee (but not Dougal) had been upgraded to Windows 10 version...
  8. Error message 0x8007000B on build 15063 rs2

in Windows 10 Support
    Error message 0x8007000B on build 15063 rs2: [img] This message keeps popping up from time to time. Any idea what this is? 85737
  9. Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer

Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer: Hi,I know that there have been similar posts with similar issues. I have read the more but they are not exactly the same and I have tried some of the solutions posted but they have not worked.I have a desktop computer and a surface pro. The problem is with the desktop...
  10. Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063: Hello, since the last update, while starting to dual-boot, when they appear the two operating systems, the disk indicator LEDs, is in operation (on) for more than 40 sec. whereas before after 10-15 sec turned off. Any suggestions? Thank you 81751