Windows 10: Sharing files or folders after April 2018

Discus and support Sharing files or folders after April 2018 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two windows 10 PC. I want to copy some files from one PC to other by direct sharing. After April 2018 update, there has been some changes though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sam9, Jul 29, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

Sharing files or folders after April 2018

I have two windows 10 PC. I want to copy some files from one PC to other by direct sharing. After April 2018 update, there has been some changes though I have not done sharing even before April 2018 also. Can some one tell how to share files from one PC to other. My Both PC are on same Broadband. One is connected through Lan and other is connected through WI-fi. I do not have Bluetooth and I am not able to see other PC in my network.

:)

2. Market Share April 2018

Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter.

NetMarketShare suggests that W7 increased & W10 decreased. *Confused
    StatCounter shows W10 increasing and W7 decreasing.
    (You'll need to click several times to see it full size)
    https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...ounter.png?s=7276045d938ecb5caed2db8559615013

Data from NetMarketShare
    Data from StatCounter
    Note:

If you visit the NetMarketShare site, you'll notice that the info listed in the table does not match the data points on the graph. *Confused

lehnerus2000, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Sharing files or folders after April 2018 :)

Frogger, Jul 29, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Sharing files or folders after April 2018 fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Sharing files or folders after April 2018 scu-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Sharing files or folders after April 2018 - Similar Threads - Sharing files folders

2. windows update April 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  3. April 1803 update makes file/folder sharing impossible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    April 1803 update makes file/folder sharing impossible.: I've been struggling with this issue non-stop since my machines were updated to the April (1803) update whereby Windows completely removed the HomeGroup feature. My two PC's are connected via LAN (through a switch), and prior to this update, I had several folders on each...
  4. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  5. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  6. Stop April 2018 update

Stop April 2018 update: When the April 2018 update first came out I updated my pc only to find that youtube no longer played videos properly in chrome and edge. After trying a few different fixes nothing worked so I rolled back to the previous version which immediately fixed the problem. Fast...
  7. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  8. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...
  9. Screensaver issue after April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver issue after April 2018 update: Hi All, Today I decided to enable the screensaver in Windows 10 Pro. I already have the April 2018 Creator Update installed and seems to be working just fine. I got the April 2018 through the Windows Update on May 01 and installed flawless. I set the screensaver to enable in...
  10. Market Share April 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share April 2018: Not to slag Windows 10 at all, but it seems every other forum that discusses market share puts Windows 7 as first place, although the margin of difference is really shrinking. Just curious. *Smile It depends on which set of figures sites prefer to use. For example, the...