Windows 10: Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network...

Discus and support Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; one PC is hardwired to the network. other laptop is wireless. Homegroup used to take care of my networking needs. now its gone. I've tried turning on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elfere, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Elfere Win User

Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network...

one PC is hardwired to the network. other laptop is wireless. Homegroup used to take care of my networking needs. now its gone.

I've tried turning on the 'nearby devices' on both devices. nothing seems to happen. asks for microsoft account information? i see a new 'share' option when i right click a file. but it doesn't bring up my other networked laptop.

Even my two hardwired PCs can't talk to eachother now. Tried turning on their 'nearby devices' too. they still think they're on the same homegroup (even though all the options are gone). just now nothing is getting shared.

How can i fix this?

:)

Elfere, Jul 19, 2018

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Network Issues

PROBLEM SOLVED​I've got a friend who has Belkin wireless G+ router and a network with one laptop hardwired, and another desktop and laptop connected wirelessly. However whenever I try and enable filesharing between them by sharing folders on the network they seem unable to "see" each other when I add them via Network Places. Can anyone give me any suggestions? (All machines are running XP)

edit: They are in the same workgroup.

theonetruewill, Jul 19, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network...

How to limit Windows Sharing to one PC on a network?

I have a shared folder set up that currently anyone on the network can get in to. I want to set it up so that this folder can only be accessed by one PC in particular, instead of any PC on the network. How can I do this?

Thema:

1. Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network... - Similar Threads - Sharing Folders Files

2. Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network: I have two computers on my LAN. Desktop is Homeuser-pc. Laptop is User-pc. I can access shared Homeuser-pc files from User-pc. I can’t access User-pc files from Homeuser-pc. I have pinged both computers from the other and parcels have been received. I have shared all of my...
  3. Network Sharing Among 3 PC's On Same Network

Network Sharing Among 3 PC's On Same Network: I recently set up sharing of the C drives on all 3 PC's on my home network. I was able to access each PC from every other PC. All of the PC's are showing under Network in File Manager on each other.Suddenly, 1 of the PC's, while still showing under Network keeps giving me an...
  4. I am unable to connect to shared folders on one PC on my hardwired four PC network.

I am unable to connect to shared folders on one PC on my hardwired four PC network.: I am unable to connect to shared folders on one PC on my hardwired four PC network. This PC can connect to the shared folders on my other three PCs. This was an occasional problem after a Windows update but I was always able to resolve this problem by resetting the folders...
  5. Wireless Networks on PC

Wireless Networks on PC: The Xfinity SECURED wireless option has disappeared from my list of available options on my PC- I only need it as a back-up but can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-networks-on-pc/095fa2f7-d98d-4089-8c46-719ce5fd740c
  6. send files to pc in same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    send files to pc in same network?: Hello, I work on my desktop but I have a school laptop next to me. Is there any way to send stuff like links, text, pictures etc. from one device to the other without uploading it to google or something? Thanks! submitted by /u/lenny_irl [link] [comments]...
  7. Shared folder structure on networked PC

Shared folder structure on networked PC: Hi all, I have set up some shared folders so they can be read on another PC on my home network Win 10, latest version. No access to the PC's from outside my home. However, on the remote PC, the shared folder is shown at the lowest level, e.g,...
  8. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  9. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  10. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC: 2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared folders and files without entering a username/PW between the 2 PC's. Now, when I try to access a shared folder/file on the W10...