Windows 10: Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Discus and support Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshMann1, Aug 24, 2018.

1. JoshMann1 Win User

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Hi,

I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off.

I have tried changing the priority through Powershell as best I can however all the online guides for this are pretty out of date and are created for older versions of the OS when this task was significantly easier.

Please help, it's annoying that a forced upgrade has removed functionality that I relied on.

:)

JoshMann1, Aug 24, 2018

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 24, 2018
  3. So I am trying to share a Wifi connection in... VISTA!

Okay, so I am trying to use Vista's built in ICS to share a wireless connection in Windows Vista...

The internet comes in via the wiFi card, and an ethernet cable link my PC to an XP machine. I am TRYING to get vista to be nice and share the WiFi connection with the XP machine, but each time I go into the properties of the wireless connection and choose the Sahe it, I get an error message "An error occure while Internet connection Sharing was being enabled." with no further details. Both PCs are set up to aquire their IPs automactically...

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

beyond_amusia, Aug 24, 2018
  4. UrhoK Win User

sharing ethernet connection of windows 10 laptop to android mobile via wifi

I'm having the same problem as you, I tried to follow the guide
    http://www.techtolead.com/how-to-share-ethernet-connection-via-wifi-in-windows/2941/
    but that is for windows 8/8.1 so step 10 isn't possible as the drop down doesn't show up, where I am supposed to choose "local area connection"

Looking at Control Panel-> Internet and Sharing I can see two connections, the wifi I created though doesn't have access to internet while the Ethernet connection does.

So I'm stuck!

When searching with my phone for wifi to connect to it does show up and I can type in the selected key but after that nothing happens.

So, if anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction! =)

Tia!

UrhoK, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet - Similar Threads - Sharing Internet Connection

2. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  3. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  4. Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet: Hello, I have been scouring the internet looking for a solution, but I can't find one. My issue is that I can connect to my network and internet perfectly fine with wifi, but when I connect my ethernet cable into my laptop's port, it will show me the correct SSID name for...
  5. Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet

Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet: Sony Vaio FW Series laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I am not able to connect to Wifi network or using Ethernet cable. Error Message while connecting to wifi network - Can't connect to this network. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10, resetting wifi adapter...
  6. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  7. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  8. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...
  9. Share internet connection over ethernet card

Share internet connection over ethernet card: Hello I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs. One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet card (NIC 0). This PC 0 has another ethernet card (NIC 1) and NIC 1 is connected to another win10 PC (PC 1). How can I share...
  10. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot seem to share ethernet to mobile phone