Windows 10: Sharing Networking Strange Episode

Discus and support Sharing Networking Strange Episode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is just a report of my truly strange four-hour afternoon that finally resulted in success. Thanks to several people here, a day to two ago, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not Myself, May 6, 2018.

1. Sharing Networking Strange Episode

This is just a report of my truly strange four-hour afternoon that finally resulted in success. Thanks to several people here, a day to two ago, I was finally able to access one computer from the other, so long as network passwords were disabled.

I remembered that one step recommended in the non-access thread said to map the network. I did look at on-line documentation about that yesterday, but was more interested in just about finishing my fire service document, having finally received the last two .jpegs.

Today, I set out to see if I could figure out how to create the map. After a while, working at John-PC1, my computer, I realized that I needed to first create a new folder, which I did in C:\. When I then clicked on the Browse button in the mapping module, that folder appeared, and a few things happened, and then the process seemed finished, so I opened the folder and change some settings from the advice in the earlier thread.

I then went to John-PC and created a folder, but the Browse process refused to find it. After some time, I decided to see what would happen were I to change the settings in the folder, and then retry Browse, which worked.

Having apparently established a network map, I re-enabled network passwords on both computers, whereupon I found that I could access Jon-PC from John-PC1, but not the reverse. Decided to restart John-PC1 to see if that would remedy the problem.

Logged on to John-PC1, to be faced with a complete disaster; nothing except a series of warnings that this, that, and the other no longer worked. Restarted, situation somewhat better, or at least until I saw that, on John-PC1, I had only that computer under Network. Went to John-PC, found both computers under Network.

I tried to access John-PC1 from John-PC; this time, instead of the usual immediate error message that I did have authority to do that, the green bar in File Manager slowly moved from left to right, and then I was told that John-PC1 could not be found, whereupon John-PC1 disappeared.

Rebooted John-PC, got both computers back, but still only one on John-PC1, so restarted it yet again. Opened File Manager, clicked on John-PC, and for the first time today, was asked for my credentials. Not knowing what might happen, I chose not to save the entries, but to delight, when I entered the user name and password, I found that I had access from John-PC1 to John-PC.

Went to John-PC, clicked on John-PC1, was asked for credentials, entered same, accessed John-PC1 from John-PC, the first time since installing Windows 10 Version 1803 last Monday that I was able to do that.

This was most assuredly not a pleasant afternoon, albeit that the final result was good. I am going to assume that the next time I reboot and try to access either machine from the other, I will again be asked for credentials, which, if they are asked for, I will choose to save them.

:)

Not Myself, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Sharing Networking Strange Episode

1. Sharing Networking Strange Episode - Similar Threads - Sharing Networking Strange

2. Episode download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Episode download: Why does it say I own the game Episode, but I can't see it on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/episode-download/f9d5f00d-4869-46e6-ab06-2f706f06703a
  3. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  4. Strange network share issue

Strange network share issue: Hi all, I've just built a new Windows 10 system which is part of a 3 computer private/wifi LAN (Windows 10 - 64 bit). I had network shares working OK but as of yesterday, one of the computers can no longer access one of the other computers. The 3 computers are a worklaptop,...
  5. a strange network problem

a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  6. a strange network problem

in Windows 10 Support
    a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  7. Network Share Inconsistency - Strange

Network Share Inconsistency - Strange: I have a home workgroup with a cable modem, router, and two computers, call them A and B. A has a network share, which used to be visible on the network to computer B. A few months ago that stopped working. I checked the network settings on both computers (tcp/ip...
  8. strange network problem

strange network problem: having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi...
  9. Strange phones in network

Strange phones in network: [img] I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others...
  10. Strange network issue

Strange network issue: I have an odd problem here. Windows 10 Home WD MyBook Live Windows user account: Microsoft User Account MyBook Live user network share set up with username and password I'm able to browse to the folders on the MyBook live through the Network icon on my...