Windows 10: Sharing Options will not remain set, no SHARING tab anywhere anymore.

Discus and support Sharing Options will not remain set, no SHARING tab anywhere anymore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a well working Network LAN. Then next login, no network shares detected or shared, just no content. ISP still fires up fine. My LAN is gone, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sedoshi7, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Sedoshi7 Win User

Sharing Options will not remain set, no SHARING tab anywhere anymore.

I had a well working Network LAN. Then next login, no network shares detected or shared, just no content. ISP still fires up fine. My LAN is gone, I know not where.

I have tried things from so many threads with no solution.

It worked before, now doesn't.

I tried to reset and setup networking in Windows 10. Not 8, not 3.1, not Vista, not Server type or any other Windows OpSys. I need a cure to slap Windows 10 around to make it work again.

Tried to Share...
    Sharing Options will not remain set, no SHARING tab anywhere anymore. [​IMG]

Tried to set sharing properly...
    Any attempt to set was never kept, even if saved.

One thread said to verify a regkey entry, yep it is already as should be.

So, ISP good, LAN Network missing, Homegroup says broken as well. Troubleshooters are a waste of time many times over already.

Something changed that was not supposed to. I would reinstall a cleaned up network if Win10 had a Network Setup Wizard that would work.

:)

Sedoshi7, Jul 15, 2017

2. WINDOWS 10-INTERNET SHARING, NO SHARING TAB VISIBLE

Hi,

You may try this.

1. Go to device manager.

2. Click on view and press on "show hidden devices".

3. Go down to the list of devices and expand the node "Network Devices" .

4. Find an adapter with the name "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" and then right click on it.

5. Select Enable

6. This will enable the AdHoc created connection, it should appear in the network connections in Network and Sharing Center, if the AdHoc network connection is not appear then open elevated command prompt and apply this command "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" without
    quotations.

7. After this, the connection should appear.

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 15, 2017
  3. WINDOWS 10-INTERNET SHARING, NO SHARING TAB VISIBLE

HI JOY THIS DID NOT WORK, AFTER STEP 3 I RECEIVED THE RESPONSE

"the hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state perform the requested operation

shine23451, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Sedoshi7 Win User

This was my first sign of an issue.

And it will not resolve with "click" either..

Sedoshi7, Jul 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Sharing Options will not remain set, no SHARING tab anywhere anymore. - Similar Threads - Sharing Options remain

2. Sharing a USB photo scanner (Epson Perfection V39) - no Share tab on the settings like a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a USB photo scanner (Epson Perfection V39) - no Share tab on the settings like a...: Hello. I have an Epson Perfection V39 usb scanner attached to my Windows 10 desktop pc, and I'd like to share it out to my macbook to intitate scans, since the macbook's Image Capture app has some nice features (e.g. it will identify multiple photos on the glass, box each one...
  3. Share not working anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share not working anymore: For years I've cross-mounted these two computers so that each can see the C: drive on the other. But now one direction is failing. Code: COMPUTER A COMPUTER B ---------------------- ---------------------- USER --> Bonnie Bruce HOST --> laptop DellDesktop IP --> 192.168.1.226...
  4. Share settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share settings: Hi. I am curious to know if there is a way to reset sharing settings back to default Win 10 install settings, for all files and folders on the system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-settings/82727150-004c-4e77-9934-1877f7f95a96
  5. Shared clipboard not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared clipboard not working anymore: Hello, I already used the shared clipboard feature successfully. After I didn't use it for a while it doesn't work anymore. I see the same windows live account, settings are enabled, same wifi. How can I make it work again? Ty 153734
  6. Network and Sharing Option

Network and Sharing Option: In Network section suddenly i cannot access other devices under my local network. i cannot see see other pc for file transfer. it happened suddenly. i used that service regularly but suddenly it stooped showing.[ATTACH]...
  7. Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC: The person that I game share with bought the dlc for Ark. It shows that I own the base game and can install it in my pc as it is a “play anywhere” title. However, it does not show that I own the DLC. I play the DLC on my xbox console so it should show as owned, however it...
  8. Sharing option is not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sharing option is not showing: Dear all, I am taking an online tutorial on LinkedIn on essential features on WIN 10. The instructor is saying that you can share folder by right click on a folder and choose share with like in the image below.[ATTACH] I tried to do the same thing on my computer but i...
  9. Sharing Options

Sharing Options: Hi My name is Srinivas, I am having problem with folder sharing and i am unable to share more then 20 users in windows 10, can you please help out how to increase more users because i have 50 systems and i want sharing my folders to all....
  10. Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere: I purchased Gears of war 4 from Microsoft store which I am playing on my gaming laptop and don't own Xbox one. I would like to play this game with my sons on another 2 PCs. I have successfully added everyone to Microsoft family and installed the game using my account signed...