Windows 10: Sharing over WiFi

Discus and support Sharing over WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At present working with one machine connected to router wired and one over WiFi. With ver 1803 and both Function Discovery services set to Auto Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ken1943, May 12, 2018.

1. ken1943 Win User

Sharing over WiFi

At present working with one machine connected to router wired and one over WiFi. With ver 1803 and both Function
    Discovery services set to Auto Start Delayed getting to wired works like a charm. The wired machine can see the WiFi shared drive but, get access denied. Is there something I am missing ? Is there something inherent with sharing over WiFi that I am missing ? I shouldn't have to use passwords ?
    I have gone through Advanced Sharing, Permissions, Device settings and WiFi Driver settings. Also a ton of posts about sharing.

Thanks for any directions.

:)

ken1943, May 12, 2018
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, May 30, 2018
  3. Sheena M. Win User
    Missing feature to share files over wifi connection

Hi Kumar_Pradeep,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, you would like to be able to share files over a WiFi connection to other devices.

You can submit this as a feature suggestion on the Windows Phone suggestion page here:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., May 30, 2018
Thema:

Sharing over WiFi

1. Sharing over WiFi - Similar Threads - Sharing WiFi

2. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  3. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  4. I can’t share wifi from my phone it’s not showing in the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t share wifi from my phone it’s not showing in the pc: When i try to share personal hotspot from my phone to my pc it’s not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-share-wifi-from-my-phone-its-not-showing-in/6d3c6875-8cae-496d-8f51-85cbb3c51298
  5. I can’t share wifi from my phone it’s not showing in the pc

I can’t share wifi from my phone it’s not showing in the pc: When i try to share personal hotspot from my phone to my pc it’s not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-share-wifi-from-my-phone-its-not-showing-in/6d3c6875-8cae-496d-8f51-85cbb3c51298
  6. I can’t share wifi from my phone it’s not showing in the pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi sharing: Hello there,i am trying to figure it out if i can share wifi from the PC that gettin internet via ethernet cable. Do i need some specific equipment for it to make it work, like wifi router or usb wifi antenna?...
  8. Wifi sharing

Wifi sharing: Hello there,i am trying to figure it out if i can share wifi from the PC that gettin internet via ethernet cable. Do i need some specific equipment for it to make it work, like wifi router or usb wifi antenna?...
  9. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...
  10. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...