Windows 10: Sharing Problems

Discus and support Sharing Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC that is supposed to have two shared drives in it. The first drive, everything went fine. I went in to sharing, shared the drive, ensured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davefaz, May 16, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Sharing Problems

I have a PC that is supposed to have two shared drives in it.
    The first drive, everything went fine. I went in to sharing, shared the drive, ensured that Everyone had full rights, and it all works just great. The problem came with the second drive. At first it all worked fine, but then I renamed the drive and then the old name appeared on the network as well as the new drive name. The new name there was no write access to the drive, but the old name worked just fine. In an attempt to get rid of the two names, I switched sharing off for that drive. Checked everything and found that I hadn't changed the sharing name. I sorted that out and shared the drive again. Good news was now there was only one copy of the drive visible on the network. Bad news is I still have no write access to the drive.
    Thinking that it would be best to start again, I disabled sharing, renamed both drives, and you know what's coming next, now I have no write access to either drive.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this? It's driving me mad.

:)

davefaz, May 16, 2018
  2. limronnie Win User

OneNote sharing problem

Hi Karolina,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I've followed your instructions listed above but it still doesn't work. In fact I couldn't find a way to back-up my notes so I've to re-type everything again ..... it's alright, I've made a screen-shot of everything ..... just that I've to spend some time
    doing it. Don't worry. (smile)

As mentioned, the problem still exist and I discovered something else too! When I 'Share' my earlier notes using Hotmail, the attachment is not the one I sent out but the next one. For example:

• I shared (using Hotmail) my note 1 with my daughter.
    • My daughter received note 2 (listed on my phone) as the attachment.
    • So if I send note 3, she would receive note 4 as attachment.
    I don't remember having these problems at all in the past. However, for the last 2 months or so, these problems are bugging me. Did you guys do something to OneNote that makes it not working with WP8?

I hope Microsoft can help me solve these problems. ........ Still waiting ..... or at least an answer to what I should do next (eg. wait for 8.1 update, etc.)

Ron

limronnie, May 16, 2018
  3. Lumia 920 - internet sharing doesn't work: Connection not shared

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a serious problem with the lumia 920. It seems impossible to share my internet connection. Something I normally use for several hours a day. If this problem can't be fixed soon, ill be forced to swithc back to iphone or htc.

Problem description:

When turning "internet sharing" on:

Connection not shared - There is no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again.

Important remarks

• Belgium - cellular provider is Mobistar
    • I can browse, sync email, etc over the provider's network ans send and receive MMS.
    • Provider does not block internet sharing. Have always used this.
    • OS Version 8.0.10211.204
    • Firmware revision: 1232.5957.1308.0002
    Access point :

• Nokia Access Point version:3.4.1.7 - db 2.0.0.100 - lib 1.2.0.7
    • The default access point provided in the Nokia Access Point app does not work: can't even browse.
    • Using a manually added APN:
      • Data type (default / LTE) tried both. Everything keeps working - except internet sharing...
      • APN pro.web.be (for professional subscribers)
      • MMS APN mms.be
      • MMSC address: https://mmsc.mobistar.be

What have i tried to remedy the situatiuon?

• updated the Nokia Access Point app
    • changed language to spanisch using OTA update (silly, but read on a forum this might help)
    • soft reset of the phone (often!)
    • deleted the manually created access point
    • Hard reset of my phone
    I'm interested, of course, in any tips to solve this serieus bug / issue / problem.

(my best guess is that Nokia tries to help their customers with the Access point app, but fails to do so).

Please, if any of you experience the same problem please respond to this post so we can get an idea about how big of a problem this is.

conundrum---01, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Sharing Problems

1. Sharing Problems - Similar Threads - Sharing Problems

2. problem with quick share app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with quick share app: I am using windows edition 10 and version 22H2. i have problem with quick share, followed all steps as per the requirements. downloaded from official website android, when i installing, its show installation complete, But its not show in a windows app feed for use. its only...
  3. problem with quick share app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with quick share app: I am using windows edition 10 and version 22H2. i have problem with quick share, followed all steps as per the requirements. downloaded from official website android, when i installing, its show installation complete, But its not show in a windows app feed for use. its only...
  4. W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems: Hello,I have 2 laptops and as soon as I complete my build process I will be adding a desktop that will also be running W11 Pro on a SOHO network. One laptop is running W10 Pro and is able to see the other laptop which is W11 Pro fine. The W11 Pro laptop cannot see the W10 Pro...
  5. W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems

W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems: Hello,I have 2 laptops and as soon as I complete my build process I will be adding a desktop that will also be running W11 Pro on a SOHO network. One laptop is running W10 Pro and is able to see the other laptop which is W11 Pro fine. The W11 Pro laptop cannot see the W10 Pro...
  6. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  7. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  8. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop

Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop: Hi,When on setting I choose system - Near by Sharing it appear afetr about 1 second the message "login needed" and a button saying "Sign in".The problem is when I click on sigh in a windows is open to be able to sign in, but it appears empty.Can anyboy help, because I have...
  10. Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop: Hi,When on setting I choose system - Near by Sharing it appear afetr about 1 second the message "login needed" and a button saying "Sign in".The problem is when I click on sigh in a windows is open to be able to sign in, but it appears empty.Can anyboy help, because I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing in windows 10v.1803