Windows 10: Sharing tab missing in properties

Discus and support Sharing tab missing in properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agrippa, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Agrippa Win User

Sharing tab missing in properties

I have Win 10 Home 64 bit.

In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated.

As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that came with the pre-installed OS. I have not set up a Homegroup.

:)

Agrippa, Mar 30, 2017

2. Missing Sharing Tab in Folder Properties on Windows10

H Roshan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in folder settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Is the issue occurring with all the folder?
    • Have you tried to create a new folder and checked its properties?

I suggest you to create a new folder on the computer and check its properties for Share tab.

Also I recommend you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with missing folder properties, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties on Windows 10

Hi,

Since Sharing tab is still not available after checking the registry, we recommend that you check and install Windows update by going to
    Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > then Check for updates.

Please let us know the result and if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Agrippa Win User
    So there is! Thinking back to Win 7, I'm now not sure whether I was always sharing folders, not individual files. Unfortunately it's too late to check. Anyway, many thanks - there's no reason not to have a folder with only a single file in it.

Agrippa, Apr 3, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Always been 'folders' that got shared...
    WfW 3.11 Sharing and Mapping

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sharing tab missing in properties - Similar Threads - Sharing tab missing

2. Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties: I'm trying to enable cheats in Far Cry 2, so I made a shortcut and wanted to add the parameters in the shortcut tab in the properties. Problem is, there is no Shortcut tab. Only General, Web Document, Security, Details and Previous Versions. submitted by /u/TheIronSven...
  3. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  4. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  5. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing: I have already updated the driver to High definition audio device but only the enhancements tab in speaker properties popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhancements-tab-in-microphone-properties-missing/74f555da-ac11-4ad3-9f8f-26cf1dd82b77
  6. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing: I have already updated the driver to High definition audio device but only the enhancements tab in speaker properties popped up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhancements-tab-in-microphone-properties-missing/74f555da-ac11-4ad3-9f8f-26cf1dd82b77
  7. Enhancements tab in microphone properties missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Share tab missing win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share tab missing win10: Hdd's mounted as volumes, unable to share. Security Accounts Manager and Server are set to automatic and are running. I got a few to share a while ago but when I go to share new ones they come up blank and I can't remember what I did the first time. [ATTACH]...
  9. No sharing tab in wifi properties.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sharing tab in wifi properties.: Hey I'm having issues with my network adapter properties where I can't see my sharing tab. I'm on a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 which was in S mode but I uninstalled it with the Microsoft store app that does it for you. I don't know if that will help or not. Here is my directions to...
  10. Missing Share Tab under WiFi Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Share Tab under WiFi Properties: There is no sharing under the wifi property i need. I need to set up a hotspot for my computer. Under Ethernet there is a sharing option, but I want that option underneath Wifi and not Ethernet[ATTACH]...